Altering My Shampooing Technique Has Improved Hair Quality

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
For almost 1 year - I've been shampooing, rinsing, shampooing again, and then rinsing again (Shampooing first time w/ the old standby <Nioxin or Revivogen> and then shampooing the 2nd time with a more specialized shampoo <nizoral or nano>)

And for almost 1 year - my hair has been very dry (Duh) - BUT, I attributed the dryness to other topicals.

I'm not sure why - but a few weeks ago I just started shampooing once (adding the Revivogen and Nizoral, or the Revivogen and Nano together in a small amount).

Since I've changed my shampooing method - I don't have to condition hardly at all, and my hair looks fuller, bouncier, and healthier. (OK, I'm still a 5A - but I'll take what I can get).

Just thought I'd pass it along.

G

Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
nizoral dries my hair and makes it look like crap.

Mine too.

Seems to make my hairline look like a 1980's hair transplant.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Did you guys ever try just adding a dab of nizoral to your regular shampoo like I described above?

I just received Dr. Lee's "Regrowth Shampoo" in the mail. Haven't tried it yet though. (I've got about 2 - 3 hits of nizoral left in the bottle) Dr. Lee's stuff is basically nizoral 2% w/ 3% salysilic (sp?) acid added to it - same as T-Sal shampoo from what I gather.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think nizoral strips our hair of it's oils, so i find it helps to use a decent conditioner after nizzing myself to help counter the frizzy/dry hair effect. :freaked:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lizzad said:
I think nizoral strips our hair of it's oils, so i find it helps to use a decent conditioner after nizzing myself to help counter the frizzy/dry hair effect. :freaked:

But hair doesn't normally contain oils, it only gets on there by inadvertent physical contact (see Kligman's investigation of that which I report in the "Bryan's help!!a new cause of male pattern baldness?>> the sebaceus gland" thread elsewhere in this forum). It's a little overly-dramatic to say that shampoo "strips our hair of oils". It only gets there in the first place because we comb our hair, scratch our heads, wear caps, play with our hair while sitting in front of the computer ( :) ), etc.

Bryan

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Lizzad said:

But hair doesn't normally contain oils, it only gets on there by inadvertent physical contact (see Kligman's investigation of that which I report in the "Bryan's help!!a new cause of male pattern baldness?>> the sebaceus gland" thread elsewhere in this forum). It's a little overly-dramatic to say that shampoo "strips our hair of oils". It only gets there in the first place because we comb our hair, scratch our heads, wear caps, play with our hair while sitting in front of the computer ( :) ), etc.

Bryan

lol, cheers for the gen Bry i'm sure your a blast at dinner parties :jumpy: :rofl: