Altering My Shampooing Technique Has Improved Hair Quality

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
For almost 1 year - I've been shampooing, rinsing, shampooing again, and then rinsing again (Shampooing first time w/ the old standby <Nioxin or Revivogen> and then shampooing the 2nd time with a more specialized shampoo <nizoral or nano>)

And for almost 1 year - my hair has been very dry (Duh) - BUT, I attributed the dryness to other topicals.

I'm not sure why - but a few weeks ago I just started shampooing once (adding the Revivogen and Nizoral, or the Revivogen and Nano together in a small amount).

Since I've changed my shampooing method - I don't have to condition hardly at all, and my hair looks fuller, bouncier, and healthier. (OK, I'm still a 5A - but I'll take what I can get).

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Cassin

Reaction score
My girlfriend told me hair becomes "tolerant" cosmetically to shampoos so we never buy the same shapoo in a row (we buy the half liter salon size shampoo bottles so they last a long time.) I think this is true because Infusiom23 worked great for me for a year and so did TIGI thickening formula and they both sort of fizzled out. So what you say makes perfect sense.

So I have switched to Jason's Thin to Thick yesteday to see how it goes. Damn this stuff is pricey for a small bottle!

I think we just need to lay off using the same thing for too long. I am certain I could easily go back to Infusiom23 right now, and TIGI thickening formula in a few months and it would have the same cosmetic effect it used to have.

By the way, thanks for the recommendation on this a while back Old Baldy. I saw some by chance at a health food store while I was buying some loose tea. Funny small to it like all natural products that you find at a health food store. Sort of that organic minty smell. Should I get the conditioner as well?

One more thing, it says it has fruit acid in it, is it salicylic acid?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral every day

Cassin said:
BUMP

"One more thing, it says it has fruit acid in it, is it salicylic acid?"

I would guess fruit acid would be citric acid.

While youre talking about shampoos, just why is it I cant use my nizoral 1% otc every day? I like it, because it doesnt leave my hair as heavy as head and shoulders (which has zinc in it, so I thought it made sense to alternate).

Thanks

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: Nizoral every day

Cornholio said:
Cassin said:
BUMP

"One more thing, it says it has fruit acid in it, is it salicylic acid?"

I would guess fruit acid would be citric acid.

While youre talking about shampoos, just why is it I cant use my nizoral 1% otc every day? I like it, because it doesnt leave my hair as heavy as head and shoulders (which has zinc in it, so I thought it made sense to alternate).

Thanks

Ok it says it on the front and I missed it. :oops: It has Alpha Hydroxy acid which is a lot like Salisylic Acid which is an exfoliate.

So two things here..

1 Jason's thin to thick probably should not be used everyday
2 You should probably dump any form of salisylic acid you are using it yo use Jason's thin to thick

VERY good product regardless.

As for Nizoral everyday, it strips your hair with over use. Use it to long and tyour hair will be like straw and your scalp will be very dry.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
The women in my house love Pantene shampoo and conditioner - but they don't use the Full and Thick variety. They swear by it.

misterium

Reaction score
I use Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner and it seems just fine.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
misterium said:
I use Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Conditioner and it seems just fine.

Yeah - I'm pretty sure that's what they use. It's full of all kinds of vitamins and other good ingredients isn't it?

misterium

Reaction score
yup :)