Already Suffer From Ed. Should I Even Consider finasteride?

Homerhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Already have low libido and ED. Should i even bother taking finasteride? I have a good shaped head,

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how long did u have ed and low libido?
could be from masturbateing too much if no then do a full hormones tests at morning .
i would not recommend finasteride for u if u have this issue

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long did u have ed and low libido?
could be from masturbateing too much if no then do a full hormones tests at morning

Did you know that men have morning erections because the penis needs to stay "in shape" as all other organs?

So I wonder whence comes this idea that masturbation causes ED. It is just exercise.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you know that men have morning erections because the penis needs to stay "in shape" as all other organs?

So I wonder whence comes this idea that masturbation causes ED. It is just exercise.
one per day but 3 - 4 a day thats not an exercise since I enter my 20 i don't masterbate more then 1 per day or eod

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
one per day but 3 - 4 a day thats not an exercise since I enter my 20 i don't masterbate more then 1 per day or eod
Yes, because - typically - masturbation means 3 or 4 times a day :rolleyes:

Justanaverageguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My advice - definitely not. You will likely have incredibly bad sides - not just sexual sides but growing man boobies and getting mental sides - anxiety, mental fog and possibly crash you endocrine system. Seriously - don't do it - at least not before getting blood work done. Before I get flamed by finasteride users read on.

Hairloss is linked to DHT - but no all cases of DHT caused hairloss are the same. Some men lose hair from simply having very high male hormone levels - both Testosterone and DHT. In these cases men normally have very high and healthy libido. When this is the case taking Finasteride is normally safe and very beneficial. It lowers the DHT levels dropping them to levels that are still quite healthy. You still have good T levels and a good balance with your other feminizing hormones. This may actually be healthy for the man in the long run as super high DHT is not actually good.

But then there are other cases - cases like yours where clearly you do not have high male hormones. This is why you have ED and low libido. This is also why you are losing your hair. What I would say is this is actually the more common case - why older men bald as they age. It is caused by men having too high levels of bad female hormones. I already hear people on this forum saying estrogen doesn't cause hair loss. But I repeat - Yes - too high levels of female hormones - indirectly causes hair loss in men. Normally E1 Estrone or E2 Estradiol (in its bad form).

What having elevated levels of these female hormones does is firstly f*** with your junk downstairs and cause problems with ED. Secondly it causes your body to have to produce more DHT to combat their femanizing effects. Your endocrinal system adjusts to the higher level of Estrogen type hormones and produces more DHT (the more powerful masculine hormone) to compensate. To do this it sacrifices Testosterone. So T goes lower to maintain DHT higher. What you now find is your T to E ratio is screwed up with more E and Less T and so is your T to DHT. There is far more DHT available to attach to hair follicles because there is not enough T competing at the androgen sites. DHEA levels can sometimes help compensate but only in the short term. If you get tested your DHT may not even be super high ..... but your T will definitely be bottom of the range.

So what your hormone profile will look like if you go and get your bloods done is this.

High total estrogen - with either high E1 or E2 - possibly both.
Elevated DHT at least compared to your T caused by the body trying to combat the elevated estrogen
Low testosterone (caused by it being converted to DHT) and almost no progesterone.

This will be the cause of:
1. Your low libido \ ED - and probably low energy and just generally feeling like crap
2. Your hair loss.

I suggest you go to the doctor and run tests to confirm this.

Then if confirmed, as I assume it will be, the solution for your problem is not to remove DHT. That will completely f*** your body up which is trying to compensate for hormones that are already our of wack. The solution is to lower your female hormones (E1 and E2) which will then cause your body to naturally up regulate testosterone production and naturally reduce DHT to be in balance with T. Your dick will work again and your hair will stop falling out.

Last edited:

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes take finasteride for your hair loss..you can't get wood already so why not.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My advice - definitely not. You will likely have incredibly bad sides - not just sexual sides but growing man boobies and getting mental sides - anxiety, mental fog and possibly crash you endocrine system. Seriously - don't do it - at least not before getting blood work done. Before I get flamed by finasteride users read on.

Hairloss is linked to DHT - but no all cases of DHT caused hairloss are the same. Some men lose hair from simply having very high male hormone levels - both Testosterone and DHT. In these cases men normally have very high and healthy libido. When this is the case taking Finasteride is normally safe and very beneficial. It lowers the DHT levels dropping them to levels that are still quite healthy. You still have good T levels and a good balance with your other feminizing hormones. This may actually be healthy for the man in the long run as super high DHT is not actually good.

But then there are other cases - cases like yours where clearly you do not have high male hormones. This is why you have ED and low libido. This is also why you are losing your hair. What I would say is this is actually the more common case - why older men bald as they age. It is caused by men having too high levels of bad female hormones. I already hear people on this forum saying estrogen doesn't cause hair loss. But I repeat - Yes - too high levels of female hormones - indirectly causes hair loss in men. Normally E1 Estrone or E2 Estradiol (in its bad form).

What having elevated levels of these female hormones does is firstly f*** with your junk downstairs and cause problems with ED. Secondly it causes your body to have to produce more DHT to combat their femanizing effects. Your endocrinal system adjusts to the higher level of Estrogen type hormones and produces more DHT (the more powerful masculine hormone) to compensate. To do this it sacrifices Testosterone. So T goes lower to maintain DHT higher. What you now find is your T to E ratio is screwed up with more E and Less T and so is your T to DHT. There is far more DHT available to attach to hair follicles because there is not enough T competing at the androgen sites. DHEA levels can sometimes help compensate but only in the short term. If you get tested your DHT may not even be super high ..... but your T will definitely be bottom of the range.

So what your hormone profile will look like if you go and get your bloods done is this.

Elevated DHT at least compared to your T caused by the body trying to combat the elevated estrogen
Low testosterone (caused by it being converted to DHT) and almost no progesterone.

1. Your low libido \ ED - and probably low energy and just generally feeling like crap
2. Your hair loss.

Then if confirmed, as I assume it will be, the solution for your problem is not to remove DHT. That will completely f*** your body up which is trying to compensate for hormones that are already our of wack. The solution is to lower your female hormones (E1 and E2) which will then cause your body to naturally up regulate testosterone production and naturally reduce DHT to be in balance with T. Your dick will work again and your hair will stop falling out.
gr8 info but u forgot about androgen sensitivity i have gigh estro always at 30 but total high t higher than range actually but it drops at the end of the day I once did 3 blood test morning afternoon and evening estro levels drop slightly throw the day test about half

INT

Reaction score

2. Your hair loss.

Where did you get your bro science degree? I must admit, when I was new to the world of finasteride and side effects I had similar ideas.... If it were only that simple:).

Justanaverageguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you get your bro science degree? I must admit, when I was new to the world of finasteride and side effects I had similar ideas.... If it were only that simple:).

Care to point out which part is bro science ?

My description above is an over simplification because its a forum post - but it covers the major important points regarding hormones. There are possibilities for other negative sides from finasteride - namely how it is required for gabba production and other chemical processes in the brain and nervous system plus others.

But specifically for this poster - high levels of Estrogen in men or more specifically a high ratio of estrogen to T are frequently what causes ED \ low libido and contributes to hairloss. These are well known in medicine - and the poster explicitly stated he had them. The gammit of negative symptoms experienced by some taking finasteride \ proscar \ dutasteride is often not so much lack of DHT - or 5 alpha reductase - it is lack of DHT and male hormones relative to your levels of Estrogen. Google estrogen dominance you will find symptoms are identical to "finasteride syndrome". Those who crash their endocrinal system taking it - can often be locked into this type of hormone setup long term.

For any man considering taking one of these drugs safely the first and most important step they should follow is - checking estrogen levels and if high lowering them. In this guys case it seems highly likely thats the case. That way even if they do subsequently choose to take Finasteride down the line and lower their DHT levels - they have first minimized one of the most common causes of side effects. High E to T, and High E to DHT ratios.

As per above quite possibly the worst advice you could possibly receive. The low libido and ED is a sure fire sign your very likely to experience very bad sides taking finasteride.

Last edited:

Justanaverageguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
gr8 info but u forgot about androgen sensitivity i have gigh estro always at 30 but total high t higher than range actually but it drops at the end of the day I once did 3 blood test morning afternoon and evening estro levels drop slightly throw the day test about half

Yeah of course - androgen sensitivity plays a role as well - but for this poster based on his ED \ Libido issues the information I provided was most relevant as to whether he should take Finasteride.

Recommendation before doing anything is get a blood test and deal with the high estrogen.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah of course - androgen sensitivity plays a role as well - but for this poster based on his ED \ Libido issues the information I provided was most relevant as to whether he should take Finasteride.

Recommendation before doing anything is get a blood test and deal with the high estrogen.
i took finasteride 3 days got sids and stopped today is 8 weeks after going to do blood test tomorrow morning

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"What having elevated levels of these female hormones does is firstly f*** with your junk downstairs and cause problems with ED. Secondly it causes your body to have to produce more DHT to combat their femanizing effects."

Could you explain why I as a transgender woman can achieve an erection with practically no DHT or Testosterone and a high level of Estradiol? Hormones aren't always to blame for ED, there are many other medical issues that contribute to it.

ED isn't perfectly understood. With that said within studies show that testosterone replacement therapy does help some people, indicating that it does contribute to erectile health.

It may be the case with you that you need very little testosterone for your dick to function properly. Good for you.

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Care to point out which part is bro science ?

My description above is an over simplification because its a forum post - but it covers the major important points regarding hormones. There are possibilities for other negative sides from finasteride - namely how it is required for gabba production and other chemical processes in the brain and nervous system plus others.

But specifically for this poster - high levels of Estrogen in men or more specifically a high ratio of estrogen to T are frequently what causes ED \ low libido and contributes to hairloss. These are well known in medicine - and the poster explicitly stated he had them. The gammit of negative symptoms experienced by some taking finasteride \ proscar \ dutasteride is often not so much lack of DHT - or 5 alpha reductase - it is lack of DHT and male hormones relative to your levels of Estrogen. Google estrogen dominance you will find symptoms are identical to "finasteride syndrome". Those who crash their endocrinal system taking it - can often be locked into this type of hormone setup long term.

For any man considering taking one of these drugs safely the first and most important step they should follow is - checking estrogen levels and if high lowering them. In this guys case it seems highly likely thats the case. That way even if they do subsequently choose to take Finasteride down the line and lower their DHT levels - they

As per above quite possibly the worst advice you could possibly receive. The low libido and ED is a sure fire sign your very likely to experience very bad sides taking finasteride.
Never know till you try.. save your hair or shave it

g.i joey

Reaction score

Agreed... ONLY if you don't plan on correcting your ED.

If you wanna see yourself get better and cure your ED I'd put off finasteride for now, just because you can have the potential to take it without any significant sides if you cure yourself first.

Homerhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed... ONLY if you don't plan on correcting your ED.

If you wanna see yourself get better and cure your ED I'd put off finasteride for now, just because you can have the potential to take it without any significant sides if you cure yourself first.
I care more about ED than hair. I will put it off and see what happens may just get a penile implant and jump on finasteride