Alpha-ketoglutarate For Adipose Tissue Rejuvenation

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys! I don't give advice anymore on hairloss treatments. It stirs way too much drama. There is a lot of haters/ b****s on this forum.

Personally right now, I am micro needling every 2 weeks with blood pissing out. No Minoxidil, No finasteride.

I am taking supplements. I bought individual supplements seen in Nuchido

https://nuchido.com/

I will also dramatically optimize Krebs cycle with supplements. It seems that Coenzyme A, AKG and Oxaloacetate when optimized contributes to healthspan , autophagy and proper homeostasis.

Coenzyme A : Pantethine + L-Cysteine with meal
AKG : L-Glutamine Alpha Ketoglutarate or L-Arginine alpha ketoglutarate .. with meal because that sh*t is super expensive : https://rejuvant.com/
Oxaloacetate : Malic Acid with meal .Cheap and precursor of Oxaloacetate.

Thanks a lot once again @Squeegee 2.0, really appreciate this!
I understand your reasoning completely - people on this type of forum are emotional and often will lash out when something goes against the grain.
Mind if I ask if you've seen any results using these things?

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot once again @Squeegee 2.0, really appreciate this!
I understand your reasoning completely - people on this type of forum are emotional and often will lash out when something goes against the grain.
Mind if I ask if you've seen any results using these things?

I just started experimenting.. Give me some months.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything to report since October?

Ok. Hair wise nothing to report yet but I sport a bad *** beard right now that was dark AF. Since I started loading up AKG, my beard is turning blond.. my hair color when I was 3 f*****g years old.!!!! How bizarre is that! LOL True Story. Mice die faster than us.. their results are accelerated compared to humans.. I am 42 years old. I have basically no graying in my beard or head.

I do think that continuing the supplements, we can reach the same results as this study. below. AKG influences the interleukins (inflammatory cytokines)

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone that started going gray very early it makes me a bit jealous. The color change is interesting, could AKG perhaps undo some of the epigenetic reprogramming in maturing/aging hair cells?

I'm about 3 months into an AKG test run and the most obvious change is improved skin quality followed by anti-inflammatory effect. Can't say it have improved hair, at least not yet, however will watch for that after stopping another topical tretinoin experiment.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone that started going gray very early it makes me a bit jealous. The color change is interesting, could AKG perhaps undo some of the epigenetic reprogramming in maturing/aging hair cells?

I'm about 3 months into an AKG test run and the most obvious change is improved skin quality followed by anti-inflammatory effect. Can't say it have improved hair, at least not yet, however will watch for that after stopping another topical tretinoin experiment.
It seems that AKG supplementation may act to produce benefits via reductions in excessive inflammatory signaling... helps with proteins synthesis and stem cell proliferation.

For premature gray hair, take plenty of Zinc, melanosomes in the hair are like storage for zinc. Make sure your thyroid hormone are optimal, T3/T4 increase melanogenesis . Tocotrienols also is great to avoid hair graying.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hair plays important roles, ranging from the conservation of body heat to the preservation of psychological well-being. Hair loss or alopecia affects millions worldwide, but methods that can be used to regrow hair are lacking. We report that quiescent (telogen) hair follicles can be stimulated to initiate anagen and hair growth by small molecules that activate autophagy, including the metabolites α-ketoglutarate (α-KG) and α-ketobutyrate (α-KB), and the prescription drugs rapamycin and metformin, which impinge on mTOR and AMPK signaling. Stimulation of hair growth by these agents is blocked by specific autophagy inhibitors, suggesting a mechanistic link between autophagy and hair regeneration. Consistently, increased autophagy is detected upon anagen entry during the natural hair follicle cycle, and oral α-KB prevents hair loss in aged mice. Our finding that anagen can be pharmacologically activated in telogen skin when natural anagen-inducing signal(s) are absent has implications for the treatment of hair loss patients.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, is there a difference between AKG and AAKG?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing that good ol'Google can't tell you.

AKG taken as a supplement enters the Krebs cycle, producing energy or other products such as the amino acid L-glutamine, a large component of muscles. ... AAKG separates into L-arginine and AKG in the intestines and is equivalent to taking both separately.

People are just lazy.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While having some data is always nice the study isn't that compelling IMHO and there's a possibility for bias.
The TruAge test is limited and not really proven to show something relevant for aging.
Pardon my ignorance, is there a difference between AKG and AAKG?
AKG is normally delivered as a salt or in combination with amino acids like Arginine (AAKG) or Ornithine (OAKG or OKG).
AAKG should work as well as any other form of AKG but to get 1g of AKG one have to take IIRC 3g of AAKG.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taken AKG in the form of 5-10g AAKG or OKG per day almost continuously for over a year now. While the effects are hard to separate from other things in my stack (like vitamin C, Lysine, Glycine, NAC) some potential observations:
No muscle wasting even when having very high Estradiol levels, it's likely the high amounts of Arginine is helping.
Continuing improvement of skin texture, wrinkles and elasticity. Since starting this my skin no longer become extremely dry in wintertime.
Wounds heal fast and with minimal scarring. No improved resistance to cuts however.
Hair seems to have regained some color. Still a blond/gray mixture though so no miracle cure.
Hair regrowth speed doesn't seem to have improved over that of the rest of my regimen. Things are still improving but the speed is glacial especially on the hairline.
Edit:
Forgot to mention that my eGFR have improved greatly from being a bit below the reference range to being close to the middle. Over 5 years of low but stable eGFR changed and the only logical reason for it must be the AKG.

Last edited: