Alpecin

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
- can anyone else vouch for alpecin? Has anyone else tried it and got results?

My question is this for those that used alpecin

hey - when you used alpecin - did you use minoxidil as a topical as well - at the same time? I read in another thread where a poster said that alpecin cancels out the effects of minoxidil.

would like to try alpecin along with minoxidil - not at the same exact time - but at different intervals - so thats why im asking if you used alpecin and minoxidil - where you used minoxidil as well - because if you were - then perhaps alpecin doesn't cancel out the effects of minoxidil.

Thanks.

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
Using this at the moment.

Does it work? Don't know. Used it for 4 weeks with spectral DNC-lotion (5% minoxidil). What I do is wait at least 30 minutes after washing my hair with Alpecin shampoo.

I do not believe that any fact about the cancelling out. Rumour is mainly due to the way both alpecin (caffeine shampoo) and minoxidil work.

Caffeine interacts with the calcium channel and minoxidil - potassium channel.

Back to the other question. I have only noticed that my hair grows faster which might not be a good thing. It means I need to cut my hair more often and do not know if it means I am using up my hair cycle more. Will I be purchasing this anymore?

Nope. The bottle should last me 2-3 months. I might give revita a go though. Never used it.

ali777

Reaction score
I've been using it for about two and a half months now. I haven't noticed any difference yet. I think I like nizoral more, that's just my personal opinion.

I have used revita for 6 months as well. That shampoo didn't really do anything for me, again I prefer nizoral over Revita. If Revita was a cheap and easily available I might have stuck with it in between nizoral days, but it's too expensive and I have to order it online.

The thing is, Alpecin is not a hair regrowth shampoo. It claims to prevent hairloss, and in that aspect it might be working but my hair doesn't really feel any different than before. I'm planning to stick with Alpecin for the foreseeable future. It's cheaper than the other hairloss shampoos and readily available in my local Boots. I also use nizoral once or twice a week.

ali777

Reaction score
I've started to think Alpecin is actually working for me...

I've been using it since June, late June I think. So, it's been only 4 months. In the last month or so I have been noticing a bit of thickening in my hairline. It's not a thickening that would be noticeable to an outsider, but I can see my baby hairs are getting thicker and longer...

I use it with nizoral, and I have been using nizoral for a long time, but the thickening is new so it must be induced by Alpecin.

Just wanted to let you all know :punk:

tholl1

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know how I've been getting on with Alpecin products.

I was recommended Alpecin whilst on a skiing trip in France in March 2012 by a friend. We were actually out on a beer night at the time so I was like a lot of men out there and instantly dismissed it and made a joke about it.

The week after I returned to the UK I told my girlfriend and other friends about Alpecin whist we were at a pub over drinks, again I joked about it. The next day my girlfriend came back with the first Alpecin products for me to use!! Again I joked!

Seriously lads it's no joke!!

I've been using Alpecin shampoo twice a day and massaging in the Alpecin lotion 3-4 times a day now since mid March 2012. I've had a clear increase of re growth of hairs in places I've not seen hair since I was in my early 20's I'm now 37. I've even been asked by mates that I've not seen in months if i'm having hair replacement treatment no lies I promise. I get through 1 bottle of Alpecin lotion a week and shampoo last me maybe 3 weeks. It may not be working for all but I'm not joking it's working very well for me.

Just thought I'd add, I've never used any other products for re growth before as I heard so many horror stories and thought I'll just go bald gracefully. Lads give it a go it's cheap enough you may be surprised.

HairLossFreak

Reaction score
tholl1 said:
Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know how I've been getting on with Alpecin products.

I was recommended Alpecin whilst on a skiing trip in France in March 2012 by a friend. We were actually out on a beer night at the time so I was like a lot of men out there and instantly dismissed it and made a joke about it.

The week after I returned to the UK I told my girlfriend and other friends about Alpecin whist we were at a pub over drinks, again I joked about it. The next day my girlfriend came back with the first Alpecin products for me to use!! Again I joked!

Seriously lads it's no joke!!

I've been using Alpecin shampoo twice a day and massaging in the Alpecin lotion 3-4 times a day now since mid March 2012. I've had a clear increase of re growth of hairs in places I've not seen hair since I was in my early 20's I'm now 37. I've even been asked by mates that I've not seen in months if i'm having hair replacement treatment no lies I promise. I get through 1 bottle of Alpecin lotion a week and shampoo last me maybe 3 weeks. It may not be working for all but I'm not joking it's working very well for me.

Just thought I'd add, I've never used any other products for re growth before as I heard so many horror stories and thought I'll just go bald gracefully. Lads give it a go it's cheap enough you may be surprised.

Do you have any pictures or anything to back this up?

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I really do not believe alpecin is effective against hair loss. I used it for a year which was wasted time and money. Granted it's a good shampoo and will not hurt, but if you're serious about preventing hair loss, then stick to minoxidil/ finasteride. There's no use in wasting time experimenting.