Alpecin C1 shampoo , question

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all

ALPECIN "C1" SHAMPOO ( caffeine shampoo ) Recommendation: Leave on the scalp for 2 minutes – from application to rinse.

Question
if leave it more than 2 min ( 5-8 min ) on the scalp then it can harm to hairs or scalp ?

tanks

Britannia

Reaction score
Possibly. The detergents could become concentrated as the water evapourates from the shampoo on your scalp causing irritation.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
testohate said:
hi all

ALPECIN "C1" SHAMPOO ( caffeine shampoo ) Recommendation: Leave on the scalp for 2 minutes – from application to rinse.

Question
if leave it more than 2 min ( 5-8 min ) on the scalp then it can harm to hairs or scalp ?

tanks

That's a really good question. According to their website - all they say about that is (paraphrasing)

"... leaving the alpecin c1 shampoo on your scalp for more than 2 minutes will possibly increase the caffeine absorbtion . . ."

but they don't say if that's good or bad.

From personal experience, I've been applying ACV w/ cayenne and caffeine at aprox a .25% concentration (much less then alpecin's 2% caffeine concentration) and then I've been shampooing w/ alpecin and leaving that on for a minimum of 2 minutes - and no problems to report (yet :).

Just to be on the safe side, and because I really don't know, I wouldn't exceed 3 minutes w/ the alpecin.

fast times

Reaction score
Have to ask, just got my shampoo and after liquid today . The after liquid stays on the scalp? Before or after minoxidil?

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
dear friends tanks for help

they tell me ...

Hallo,
C1 Shampoo doesn't make harm to your hair, when it remains longer than
2 minutes on it. The benefit is a little bit better.
Better is to use adittionally Alpecin After Shampoo Liquid. As a
"leave-on" product it is longer effective on the scalp.
Kind Regards
Mit freundlichen Gru?en
DR. KURT WOLFF GMBH & CO KG
Produktentwicklung (R&D)
Dr. Bernhard Kuhtz

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
testohate said:
dear friends tanks for help

they tell me ...

Hallo,
C1 Shampoo doesn't make harm to your hair, when it remains longer than
2 minutes on it. The benefit is a little bit better.

Coool! Thanks for sharing that w/ us.