Aloxidil Usage!

skrules

Reaction score
Hi all, my fiance had always had thin hair. But lately within the past one year, her hair had thinned a little more and we are planning to do something about it. She visited Italy to see her parents and she went to see a dermatologist. The dermatologist had some blood tests done. ALl her zinc, iron levels are normal and she was prescribed Aloxidil (another name for minoxidil in Europe) for two months.

But when she asked the dermatologist if she has to use it all her life, the dermatologist has answered that she only needs to take it for two months and it doesnt work like men. However I am skeptical about that. Almost everywhere I read, it says that minoxidil has to be used forever to keep the hair from falling.

We are getting married in two months and we are afraid that if she takes Aloxidil, her normal hair might fall out before growing back. We are also concerned about using Aloxidil just for two months. Can someone clarify on this, please?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
K

PolarKangaroo

Reaction score
This is a very interesting question. I would believe that the it is false- hair grown from rogaine & hair from reducing dht is a different thing- that's what i've read. My best guess is that you would have to stay on it for as long as you want to keep the results- but I would LOVE to be proven wrong!

diane.m.

Reaction score
Hi all, my fiance had always had thin hair. But lately within the past one year, her hair had thinned a little more and we are planning to do something about it. She visited Italy to see her parents and she went to see a dermatologist. The dermatologist had some blood tests done. ALl her zinc, iron levels are normal and she was prescribed Aloxidil (another name for minoxidil in Europe) for two months.

But when she asked the dermatologist if she has to use it all her life, the dermatologist has answered that she only needs to take it for two months and it doesnt work like men. However I am skeptical about that. Almost everywhere I read, it says that minoxidil has to be used forever to keep the hair from falling.

We are getting married in two months and we are afraid that if she takes Aloxidil, her normal hair might fall out before growing back. We are also concerned about using Aloxidil just for two months. Can someone clarify on this, please?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
K