Alopecia and High Protein Diets

G

Does anyone have any information regarding the effects of high protein diets for Alopecia? I have heard the these types of diets are used by people who suffer from other Autoimmune disease.

G

Protein and AA

Hi,
In response to your comment about protein and Alopecia. I noticed my bald spots in August 2004. I now have about 8 spots. Seven of the spots are starting to grow a little sparse hair (hope!)

I don't know what started my AA - but I think it was a number of factors - and I include not having enought protein in my diet as one of them. I was eating about 20-30 grams of protein a day during the months before I noticed the AA - I checked into how much protein I should have each day and it is between 70-90 grams. I really am not a "meat eater" - but I work hard to get at least 60 grams each day.

Canuck

Reaction score
ihave two spots... on is growing in slightly... and the one on my chin i believe is getting bigger .. is there any kinda of treartment?

Margaret

Reaction score
too little protein, maybe

This is really interesting to me. I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian who hasn't eaten meat for about a year and a half. I try to get adequate protein, but maybe I need more.

Where can I find out more about the relationship between AA and protein?

Margaret