Almost onto month 12

Deaner

Reaction score
Hard to believe it's been almost a year for me, but I can honestly tell you that my hair is way better than when I began. I'm so much happier with my hair today than I would have been without finasteride. It really has done wonders for me.

Figured I'd just check in and give a positive progress update. There have been many times when I thought things were still horrible or getting worse, but every time I get a haircut it goes shorter, and looks thicker. I'm also coming to grips with the fact that my natural haircount is alot lower than I'd like it to be, but that's no fault of the male pattern baldness. The top of my head is matching the sides and back now, top looks nice and fluffy and thick all the time, and matches the rest of my hair in texture and density it looks like. But again, finasteride does NOT work on my hairline AT ALL. That's the huge downside, still gotta cater my hairstyles to the hairline.

Anyway, good luck to you all, hope your regimens are working!

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Great news. In my opinion density is more important than hairline. But that might be because I'm a diffuse thinner and would choose improved density over a slightly better hairline.

Deaner

Reaction score
That's how it began for me. I didn't care about my hairline, I could work with it, as long as I had some density. That still mostly holds true, but you always want more.

Deaner

Reaction score
Regimen = Propecia daily. That's it that's all. The occassional Nizoral I guess, but is that REALLY a part of a regimen? I mean, cmon...

P.S. I find using conditioner after using H&S Sensitive Scalp got rid of my flakes.

lossing my hair

Established Member
Reaction score
congrat on your progress. you only have 1 year so u can expect better. if i can get finasteride to match my diffuse thinning with my sides and back by thickening my hair. you will never see me here again. probably once a month to see whats going on with male pattern baldness updates. i'll just post my success and reply the questions asked from my success and live life to the fullest.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congratssssssss brodder!!!!!

Glad to hear everything is ok with you!

Tony

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nice to hear deaner! god, i can remember when you were on month 6, seems like yesterday. i'm still creeping a few months behind you at month 7, things seem to be turning around from me, though its been a very slow process. hope my 12 month results are like yours.

Deaner

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! :D Yea, I'm really surprised that after 11 months, after what seemed like never-ending downs, I'm so very pleased with the head of hair I've got now. I can style it using waxes and gels and such and not worry about carefully styling it to hide scalp.

Still gotta be a little careful when concealing the hairline tho :p Hope you guys have great success! I find Propecia did its best from month 9 on, it's the last 2 months and 2 haircuts that have shown the most drastic progress.

Sorry guys, I only have crappy webcam pics that don't really show density very well, more hairline pics, and that's not really the issue here, since I know for a fact my hairline isn't really improving.

thechampishere

Reaction score
deaner why don't u try some minoxidil for the hairline.....and only the hairline oh and on q, are u on propecia, proscar, or gen....if gen where'd u get it

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
deaner, I hate to quote this cliche, but it fits. "Awesome things happen to those who wait!" I know, I know, I made a little adjustment but you get the idea:) Congrats!

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats good stuff deaner hoep things continue to improve with you!

but is there anything we can do for our hairline!? i mean what works best here if Propecia doesnt work?? Eucip would that work?? Xandrox for the hairline? maybe Xandrox 15? my hairlines getting shitty too and just wondering what i should do to help it out .

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
very encouraging to hear you say things started to get better around month nine. thanks for the update.

Deaner

Reaction score
thechampishere: I use authentic Propecia, and I have a 13 month (12 refills) prescription from my doctor, that I just get filled every month.

Edit: The bummer is for me, I'd love to try minoxidil or something on the hairline, but I definitely don't have it in me to apply goop to my head every day when my shower routine is so quick now. Plus, I just don't even have the money.

lossing my hair

Established Member
Reaction score
deaner, from what point of the top to what point you feel you had progress. for ex, from the front midscalp to the vertex, etc? you didn't even thicken up the existing t hair on the front, nothing similar to Badhairdecade? if you noticed the difference with out no pictures i imagen you had great improvement.