Almost 3 Years On Finasteride - No Regrets!

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got my progressive attached below. The front facing shots are from March-April 2016 and the bad looking crown is from May 2016. I started on finasteride in May 2016, the day the crown photo was taken.

The other shot of my crown and the sideview shot of my face are from today, January 26, 2019.

I know the quality in the photos vary a good bit and the lighting isn't as similar as it could be, but I hope you notice the difference and consider hopping on finasteride yourself if you've been thinking about it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.19.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.19.20 PM.png
    885.4 KB · Views: 3,213
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.20.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.20.30 PM.png
    277.9 KB · Views: 2,931
  • Hair May 2016.png
    Hair May 2016.png
    954 KB · Views: 2,903
  • Hair Jan 2019 crown.jpg
    Hair Jan 2019 crown.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2,903
  • Hair Jan 2019 temple.jpg
    Hair Jan 2019 temple.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 3,161

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn how old were u when u started?

I was 21 when I started. Started noticing the loss between 19 and 21. Looked at my dad's head and his dad's head and thought, "I know where this is going. I don't so much mind going bald as long as I know I did whatever I could to prevent it." I still hold that view and realize finasteride may not work forever, but I appreciate what it's been doing.

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was 21 when I started. Started noticing the loss between 19 and 21. Looked at my dad's head and his dad's head and thought, "I know where this is going. I don't so much mind going bald as long as I know I did whatever I could to prevent it." I still hold that view and realize finasteride may not work forever, but I appreciate what it's been doing.
Congrats. Are you on finasteride only regimen?

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s awesome man your crown is completely filled in! Takes a lot of consistency and discipline, congrats!

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunate, that egg will soon tap on counter a wee bit too hard someday. In the meantime you're looking like gold lad.

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats. Are you on finasteride only regimen?

Just finasteride and I use Nioxin shampoo. I used to use Regenepure and really liked it but it's a little expensive for just 8 oz. Tried topicals for a hot minute before deciding that wasn't really for me. Didn't really give it a chance though.

That’s awesome man your crown is completely filled in! Takes a lot of consistency and discipline, congrats!

Thanks! I'm happy to see it back. I often wonder what it'd look like now without the treatment; glad I don't have to find out right away.

Unfortunate, that egg will soon tap on counter a wee bit too hard someday. In the meantime you're looking like gold lad.

I love what I can only assume to be the delightfully British phrasing there. Totally agree though, one day the egg with crack, but until then this'll buy me time.

Where there any side effects that you can recall? if so what were they?

For the first 3 weeks or so I had testicular pain. Not anything super intense, but just a bit of... I don't know, throbbing? It wasn't comfortable. Also, erections were difficult (not impossible but difficult). That all seemed to fade after the first 3 or 4 weeks if I recall.

Congrats! Amazing results!

Thank you so much!

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WTF??????

Thanks? lol I don't know.

Have you had any of the other problems sometimes cited, like sexual problems, depression, etc?

I noticed some sexual dysfunction the first probably 3 weeks or so on the drug, but after that not really, no. No depression or anything like that. I think the sexual side effects scare is blown out of proportion (personal opinion). I wouldn't let it stop you from trying it, but feel free to make that decision yourself. I have no regrets.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long till you started noticing improvements?
Did you have any shed?

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love finasteride too, bro. If there is one decision in life that I don't regret is taking it.