almost 3 months and still shedding on minoxidil 5%

nwa101

Reaction score
"Hi i started using minoxidil that my Doctor prescribed me and i started to buy it from a local dispensary and it cost me about 60$ for one month :l .... after using the minoxidil from dispensary for about 4 months i have already gone through minoxidil shed' and started growing hair slowly and i decided to buy minoxidil online because its much cheaper ofcourse and i bought 'simply right minoxidil' 5% and i started using this about 2 months ago (so im about 6 months in using 5% minoxidil overall) and im now experiencing a shed' again ? is that a sign that this minoxidil is much stronger or it has a better effect? or what does this mean and is this normal'? when switching minoxidil brands? has any one had any experience ?"
< this was my post in august im still experiencing the same shed its seems to be taking forever to stop or even slow down :tellme:its been almost 3 months!! :(
im just wondering i need some support from you guys cuz right now i feel like its wasting my time i know its not i had growth in first couple of months when i started but this shed is taking forever to endddddddd:freaked:

inferiorgenetics

Reaction score
Just give it some more time, man. Have you got on Finasteride/Dutasteride yet? If not, you should hop on one of those asap. Minoxidil will work alone but when combined with finasteride/dutasteride, the results are unbelievable. Throw some 2% ketoconazole shampoo in the mix and you got yourself one potent hair potion.

stasfire

Reaction score
Im in a similar situation. I started minoxidil in August and shedding like crazy. I can see that my front hairline is receding. Its pretty depressing.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Just give it some more time, man. Have you got on Finasteride/Dutasteride yet? If not, you should hop on one of those asap. Minoxidil will work alone but when combined with finasteride/dutasteride, the results are unbelievable. Throw some 2% ketoconazole shampoo in the mix and you got yourself one potent hair potion.

+1

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
I started minoxidil in March and had a brief shed after the 2-3rd month. The shed only lasted like 2 months. However, around the six month mark I started going through a terrible shed and it's still going on. It's been ilke a 4 month shed. Sucks ***.