Almost 2 years on Propecia and minoxidil..just my story(long)

pjz75

Reaction score
I started using propecia in July 03.Norwood scale, I guess I was about a 2.I had golf ball size or bigger recession on my temples, that didnt really bother me it was when I would look in the mirror I was thinnning in a spot about and inch and a half u front my hairline to the right side.Anyways, I went on propecia and after about 3 months it started to get thicker in that area I then started xandrox 5% befrore bed at night along the hair line to maintain what I had...I did this in September 03.

So my hairloss stops..and I get regrowth in that area and never a single shed and in July 04..man...my hair was unreal..like nothing ever happened...perfect hair..I was living in a warmer climate(thailand) things were just great...and yes my temples were coming in..very nicely.

Then in August...I kinda noticed it slipping a bit..right in front..at the hairline..like dead center...and it just kinda started from that time until where I am currently.

My hairline in front has thinned....like picket fence sorta...only on the right side however, and its getting thinnner and I have notice its thinner like an inch up dead center of my hairline..almost like as if you parted your hair...its kinda self parting itself...but strangely enough...my temple regions are strong as ever...remained constant and even still growing..and the orginal spot I started propecia to stop in the first place is fine..go figure.

Since Ive been back in a colder climate for the last 5 months...it's thinning more....maybe its time I start using xandrox 2 times a day..I just dont know how you guys apply it in the morning and not have it noticed...for me it dries white powder and flakes...I dunno if the flakes are the xandrox or my scalp...I have fine hair naturally so when u put stuff on it I guess its more noticeable...I just ordered xandrox 15% for night and gonna try sprio 5% cream too..night time...and maybe continue with Lee's 5% minoxidil during the day..any questions..I'll be happy to answer.