Almirall Topical Finasteride - 2020 Rollout

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride (ALM12845) - androgenetic alopecia On the 26th of September the Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) was submitted for Finasteride.

The product is a cutaneous spray, solution has been demonstrated to be safe and effective in the topical treatment of adult men with male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia, Androgenetic Alopecia).

The product is subject to medical prescription. First national phase approval is estimated in 2020 or early 2021 in Europe.

https://www.almirall.com/documents/...1840-9b57657b48df?version=1.0&t=1572246472291

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride (ALM12845) - androgenetic alopecia On the 26th of September the Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) was submitted for Finasteride.

The product is a cutaneous spray, solution has been demonstrated to be safe and effective in the topical treatment of adult men with male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia, Androgenetic Alopecia).

The product is subject to medical prescription. First national phase approval is estimated in 2020 or early 2021 in Europe.

https://www.almirall.com/documents/...1840-9b57657b48df?version=1.0&t=1572246472291
Only a decade or so behind other company's topical finasteride unless they have some special delivery system ?

Reactions: br1

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"safe and effective"

Wondering what's written in the medical leaflet.

Only a decade or so behind other company's topical finasteride unless they have some special delivery system ?

I doubt it. Liposomal at best I'd say (which you can already get with a prescription).

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
has been demonstrated to be safe and effective

giphy.gif

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was the Polichem formulation from many years back that was bought by Almirall.
And they arent going out of their way to inform the public about the level of systemic dht inhibition their product causes...if I'm their CEO and I have a product that does not result in systemic dht inhibition then im advertising the heck out of that fact...well, they dont seem to be doing that which probably means it slams systemic dht almost as much as oral..thats my take.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Given how controversial finasteride is in most European countries at the moment, let's see what the MAA decides...

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does have a special delivery system (HPCH film-forming technology) and it is by far the best documented specific topical formulation with several published studies that address systemic absorption and efficacy in detail--all freely available. It's also the first ever backed by a reliable pharma company.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of guys on various sites are saying the info is difficult to obtain.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyways work by going systematically. Could have instead applied for a topical cetirizine solution, which would also find use for other purposes. What a decision quality.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had hope on this, but its probably will be delayed like all researches, because of the f*****g coronavirus. I cant even order topical liposomal finasteride from Farmacia Parati, because they are located in Italy. And noone knows when this will end, but its surely not in a few weeks.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did they refuse to ship you the topical?
They are out of stock and dont have raw materials to produce it. And even if they get it, the shipping will probably be take infinite time because of the quarantine.

Update: They keep working even in these days, and I got it delivered in just 1 day (!). Start using it from now.

Last edited:

Lenny93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has somebody information on what happened to this product? It is somehow not listet in the pipeline anymore. Nothing to find on it on the almirall website. Have they dropped it?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has somebody information on what happened to this product? It is somehow not listet in the pipeline anymore. Nothing to find on it on the almirall website. Have they dropped it?

No idea about what happened to this drug, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had cancelled its commercialization. Nobody believes into high dose topical Finasteride anymore. Studies, including the ones led by Almirall, have shown the systemic impact to be comparable as oral Finasteride (with similar sides therefore). From that point, as oral is more convenient than topical, it made no sense to push this product.

I haven't seen anyone on HairLossTalk.com hyped by this incoming treatment.

jazz1

Reaction score
I had hope on this, but its probably will be delayed like all researches, because of the f*****g coronavirus. I cant even order topical liposomal finasteride from Farmacia Parati, because they are located in Italy. And noone knows when this will end, but its surely not in a few weeks.

I buy mine from a compound pharmacy in America who ship to most world wide countries and I’m in the UK. They give discount to forum members see my thread posted should you want Topical Finasteride.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's weird... only the .es (home country) site still shows the full pipeline with 8 rows:

https://www.almirall.es/o/adaptive-media/image/4409065/mobile-2x/PIPELINE-FINAL-.jpg

...and only when I loaded it from my smartphone (both mobile and desktop versions). When I used my desktop PC, or tried any other localized site, I saw a different version with only the first 4 rows and one additional column. Given that the new table, especially the new column, is of lower design quality compared to the original and the rest of the website, my guess is that someone in marketing made a mistake. Maybe they thought it would look nicer with some flags on it... Anyway, I don't think they suddenly dropped half of the products in their pipeline!

Last edited:

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do agree that there is not much to be excited about this product... When I read the studies, my impression was that it is very difficult to find a dosage that reduce systemic absorption consistently, in a way that accounts for individual differences in physiology and variations in frequency and modality of application. However, one would hope that the first topical fina formulation to ever reach the market with several years of research and a reliable pharma company behind it would at least be moderately effective at reducing systemic absorption... which is the whole point.

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any topical finasteride or dutasteride with ZERO systemic absorption?

Is there any delivery system that a medication can be put into that will keep the medication from getting into the person's system?

Last edited: