allmotorkl's story -- (Age 24, pics)

allmotorkl

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im 24 yrs old from Toronto Canada. I have been losing hair since I was 22 and I lost quite a bit. Here are the pics, take a look....any suggestions? * I will be doing a Hair Transplant in 1 month with either ProHairLines/Dr.Jones/Alvi Armani. Looking at about 4-5000 grafts. Double session if i can afford it.

Attachments

• HPIM0187.jpg
    HPIM0187.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,859
  • HPIM0190.jpg
    HPIM0190.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2,866
  • HPIM0191.jpg
    HPIM0191.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,872

allmotorkl

Reaction score
Re: I'm 24 and some wierd hair loss...PICS

last 2 pics.............

Attachments

• HPIM0192.jpg
    HPIM0192.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2,879
  • HPIM0193.jpg
    HPIM0193.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,847

RaginDemon

Reaction score
thats a bit too early for hair transplant

allmotorkl

Reaction score
yeah of course...i dont want to wait till i got completely bald...i aint gonna live my youth wit no hair and then get hair after 30+....

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you do know that if your male pattern baldness progresses further, you will run out of donor hair to fix future problem.

the general rule is to get hair transplant when your hair loss stablized.

I know you are trying to enjoy your youth, but this is something you have to take many other factors into consideration.

allmotorkl

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
you do know that if your male pattern baldness progresses further, you will run out of donor hair to fix future problem.

the general rule is to get hair transplant when your hair loss stablized.

I know you are trying to enjoy your youth, but this is something you have to take many other factors into consideration.

you think so.......hmm...and yea that will cause a problem...my hair loss has stabilized right now (knock wood) i have not lost anymore hair since i have been back on propecia

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I notice you've "re-starte3d" minoxidil...how long were you on it before man and did you get any results?
As far as a hair transplant is concerned, whilst it may be an tempting (expensive) short term 'solution', as Ragin Demon says, in the long run it may be counter-productive especially with 4-5,000 grafts in the hairline at this age. Make sure you do your research and give minoxidil a real go before you rush into decisions on a timescale of "one month"
I think a lot of people would just be happy with maintenance so whilst maybe not the cosmetic result you are looking for try and see that alone as some kind of success.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
its always good to do more research before you act.

if you have made up your mind on hair transplant, then GL, I hope it turns out great!

allmotorkl

Reaction score
i had been on minoxidil for 4 months i did see results...my hair did thicken....but unfortunately i ran out and did not get anymore(my stupidity) and now i have restarted it....

I was thinking of taking propecia every other day since im taking approx 1.25mg a day right now
and
using minoxidil 5% once a day instead of twice....any thoughts on that?

as for the hair transplant ...now you guys got me thinking...i think im gonna sleep on it more and then ill see....
lets see what the minoxidil does for me... :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I use foam once a day only, and I still see results.

allmotorkl

Reaction score
updateeeeeeeeeeeeee...............im gonna post up new pics tomorrow...i have my head shaved so everyone can have a good look...i havent done hair transplant yet, but lets see what you guys say!!!

aussie

Reaction score
sounds promising :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
awaiting!