Allergy To minoxidil, Is There Any Solution ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im allergic to minoxidil itself, havent any kind of dermatitis or anything else on my skin but i have swelling of salivary glands ( allergic parotitis ) and ashtma simptoms..
Since this drug worked very well for me, i would know if is there any possible solution to become tolerant to the drug ?
I made a research and find that people allergic to a drug that need for medical reasons and havent any altrrnative drug there is a method called desensitization with incremental low doses to reach the therapeutic dose and they dont react anymore. Could this work for minoxidil? Are there other ways to become tollerant again ?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im allergic to minoxidil itself because i have systemic simptoms. If i was allergic to pg i would have other sides like irritation or dermatitis in the skin..
I understand. You are probably allergic to Min in which there is no solution. However, I know that PG can potentially cause hives/swelling in some.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I understand. You are probably allergic to Min in which there is no solution. However, I know that PG can potentially cause hives/swelling in some.
In theory the desensitization therapy could be done for every drugs, i dont know if it can work for minoxidil..

Yes but probably the hives and swelling are in the scalp, a local reaction . I have salivary glands swelling and a cought like ashtma.