Allergies.

G

I probably spelled it incorrectly but anyway.

I suggest we have a poll in this forum to see how many of us suffers from allergies.

I´m allergical to alot of things that blossom during spring and my shedding did speed during the last two months.

I know that allergies are autoimmunie reactions but I never read anything about linked with hairloss.

cloud

Reaction score
I've been wondering about the connection allergies-hairloss as well. I have hay fever and am allergic to cats.

Cloud

The Gardener

Reaction score
I have allergies, but only this time of year, the springtime. Normally, they are just an annoyance but I must admit that this year they have been terrible... I actually went in and got my claritin prescription filled for the first time in years.

G

My Gfs tell me that girls loose more hair during the spring - since they do not have DHT then could it be allergies?

Someone must know or have thought of this link.

Anyway I think it´s a good thing to make a poll to see how many on the forum that do suffer from them.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that during the spring you have all sorts of pollen, makes your skin itchy, causes your skin to inflame, therefore causes some hairloss?

G

Rage - it´s autoimmune, which means your entire system is responding.

Fuzz

Reaction score
It is the same ol' story though. Perhaps springtime messes w/ people's inflammation due to allergies. So for those balding, this obviously sucks even more. Maybe our heads will be even more green, to combat such a season. As for a fundamental casue of balding, I do not think this is the right avenue. Like all other examples, there are people with year-round allergies with full heads of hair.