Allergic reactions from soft bond / white glue

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I used to have a hair system for two years now.
At the beginning it was fantastic. Hold times for 4 Weeks no problem.
Then suddenly I had allergic reaction to the so called white glue, which everyone says it is the best for safety. It is not a "little" reaction, it is heavy. Whole head red.
I now tried maybe 10-15 different glues. The only one which works for me is silicone bond (Walker Extreme Hold). Somehow it doesn´t have the best strenght for me although it should have a better "power" than the white glue. Does anyone of you have the same problem ?
Which glue I might test next ?
Sorry for my bad english

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try to use a scalp protector, like Walker Tape "Max Hold Sport", it puts a thin later of whatever it is between your head, and the more reactive adhesives.

I would do a skin test of that (on your forearm) before you put it on your head.

Good luck

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do a patch test everytime before I use a new glue. I also used scalp protect and max hold. Doesn´t help

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've also found scalp protector to be a joke.

I'm sorry to hear of your issue, as I can identify. I wore tape without issue for months & then suddenly couldn't tolerate it after a few hours.

It's a disaster as I find glue to be incredibly annoying to use in comparison to tape.

I use Got2B to stick down these days.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've also found scalp protector to be a joke.

I'm sorry to hear of your issue, as I can identify. I wore tape without issue for months & then suddenly couldn't tolerate it after a few hours.

It's a disaster as I find glue to be incredibly annoying to use in comparison to tape.

I use Got2B to stick down these days.
What type of reaction are you getting? Itchy? rash?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
EXTREME redness, itchiness & imflammation that lingers for a while even w/ cortisone cream. Contact dermatisis.

I hate having this reaction. I wonder if I could handle acrylic glue - never tried it. But these acyrlic tapes irritate me badly, badly.

When Covid-19 became an issue in the States, I had my physician do extremely comprehensive testing on me, to ensure I was in good health. Along w/ the all the blood work, etc., I wore a holter monitor on my chest for 72 hrs.

The tape affixed to the monitor, translucent & stretchy like the toupee type, was torture to wear.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really have to try acyric glue now that I think about it. I hate the cure time associated w/ Ghostbond. It's ridiculous.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't even know it existed. Thanks! What's a good one? I mean if ppl get silicone implanted in them, it's probably innocous on the skin

Which one gives you 4 weeks?

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cottonReville

As I said the only one which works for me is "Walker Extreme Hold". Its a mess to put it on the head and somehow doesn´t have the hold time of a white glue. The only white glue which works is PHL Phantom, it gives me not that red head as others.
But you´re right when the head extreme red it lasts for a while and sometimes the skin peals off. When this happened it is impossible to wear a hair system.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Next one I will try is Bio Soft Loc Plus from PHL.
Maybe Vapon no tape could work.
Don´t try Ultra Hold, it will be red because of one of its ingriedients.
Anyone knows of more silicone glues ?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't even know it existed. Thanks! What's a good one? I mean if ppl get silicone implanted in them, it's probably innocous on the skin

Which one gives you 4 weeks?
Vapon no tape. I used it for quite a while. Very strong .

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever try silicone? That's what I used for a long time. 4 weeks easy hold time. Never had skin reactions eather.
Thank you!
@cottonReville

As I said the only one which works for me is "Walker Extreme Hold". Its a mess to put it on the head and somehow doesn´t have the hold time of a white glue. The only white glue which works is PHL Phantom, it gives me not that red head as others.
But you´re right when the head extreme red it lasts for a while and sometimes the skin peals off. When this happened it is impossible to wear a hair system.
I thought clear glue is sort of stringy & gets spoiled in the bottle after a while; is there anything else that makes it a chore to use?

Is it true there is no cure time w/ it? That you can, for example, go out on a hot day after you've just applied it & let it dry?

WH is very restrictive in that regard.
How easy are silicone based glues to clean from scalp and lace?
Any different products to use?
Thanks
I'd like to know the answer to this as well

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you!

I thought clear glue is sort of stringy & gets spoiled in the bottle after a while; is there anything else that makes it a chore to use?

Is it true there is no cure time w/ it? That you can, for example, go out on a hot day after you've just applied it & let it dry?

WH is very restrictive in that regard.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well
Honestly, clean up was not the greatest. But I would say about the same as ghost bond. Alcohol for removing. To me the advantage was hold time. I never had to do touch ups.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How easy are silicone based glues to clean from scalp and lace?
Any different products to use?
Thanks
I would not use it on lace directly, polly permiter. It mainly sticks to the polly when you remove. Clean up is about equal to most adhesive. Alcohol or c22

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One difference is , when it´s lifted, game over. No more pressing back like white glue.
For remove I use C22 soak. Its mainly the same than with ghostbond. For me, more or less it remains only on the system not on the skin.
Cure time ? It says just one thin (!) layer. Then wait until its tacky. Thats a main point to ensure a good hold.
I bought it i think its 40 ml. Then I put some of the glue into an extra "container" and use a other brush than the original.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reaction could be caused by fung or bacteria, those over the counter glu are a joke.