ALL those on Dutasteride, can you please answer this

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It took me about 3 or 4 days before I noticed my sexdrive was much greater. Dutasteride has so far proven to me that it's superior to finasteride. Faster hair results -- I've already seen growth. Less sides!

In all, Dutasteride rocks!

Jeff71913

Reaction score
I am one week on Dutasteride. My sex drive has decreased in comparison to Finasteride.
Did you take finasteride before? How long did it take that you considered your increased sex drive on avo?

I took Propecia for one year. The first month I had a very decreased sex drive. After a month the sex drive was about normal. When I first began taking Avodart my sex drive once again decreased and this lasted for about one, or two weeks then my sex drive began to increase rapidly and has not leveled off yet. I have now been on Avodart for about 5 weeks.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Jeff71913 said:
When I first began taking Avodart my sex drive once again decreased and this lasted for about one, or two weeks then my sex drive began to increase rapidly and has not leveled off yet.
Thanks, this gives me hope i am on day 9. Happy 2006 to all.

billiboy

Reaction score
Avodart

I'm 54 with a bald spot at crown and receding front. Started finasteride almost 2 years ago, switched to daily Avodart 1 month ago (based on advice form Drs office) and apply 5% minoxidil 1x per day. I've noticed no side effects. My crown has really filled in to the point that there is virtually no visible bald spot. However, I really don't notice any change in receding hairline. I do seem to get lots of bumps/pimples in hairline and sometimes wonder whether this is a hair coming up from below. But, I really don't think my hairline has filled in, just my crown. I think I need to give it more time, but my early assessment is that this has stopped by hairloss, added back hair to my crown, but done nothing for my hairline.

I really regret not having gotten on these drugs earlier in life as I think it would have prevented my receded hairline.

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you've had less sides on dutasteride rather than on finasteride?
How can that be?

peakhair

Reaction score
-Biliboy

For how long did you have that bald spot?