ALL those on Dutasteride, can you please answer this

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What affect did dutasteride have on your skin as far as oil production, acne and dryness are concerned. Or did your skin just stay the same?

It will be very much appreciated if you could answer this for me.

thankyou all. :)

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Stop taking it. It's not approved for hairloss. Go to your doctor and start treatment per his/her recommendations.

blaze said:
What affect did dutasteride have on your skin as far as oil production, acne and dryness are concerned. Or did your skin just stay the same?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:

None so far. Been on it for almost 13 months. The only way you are going to know what your experience will be is to experience it.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How has dutasteride treated you in these past 13 months "not me!" ? What are your results like?

Does dutasteride work for diffuse thinning?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dutasteride would definitely work for diffuse thinning, it can work for all types of hairloss patterns. Of course it doesnt work for everyone, but what does?

Form the research I have done it seems to be a very effective hairloss treatment. Much more so than propecia.

Also thanks, Not Me!

More people please respond. :D

copper

Reaction score
Hi, been on dutasteride since early Oct this year, few spots, but then two weeks ago had outbreak of them, worried as ive never(since teens) had many at all. Mainly on side of neck(weird) but also side of nose, and being 36yrs old,this is scary! But over last four days i have cleared up, and no trace so hoping they've fecked off! When i first had dutasteride, within a week i could of swore i had a outbreak of minute hairs just pop up and i got very excited, but now realised this is not going to grow like i hoped, and feeling abit down........gutted actually! But...reading further on this site, i could be going through a shed( whats left to shed!) and hanging on in there no matter what, for at least a year to see if anything happens. Hope this helps someone/anyone, and i'll comment as time goes by.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
copper said:
Hi, been on dutasteride since early Oct this year, few spots, but then two weeks ago had outbreak of them, worried as ive never(since teens) had many at all. Mainly on side of neck(weird) but also side of nose, and being 36yrs old,this is scary! But over last four days i have cleared up, and no trace so hoping they've fecked off! When i first had dutasteride, within a week i could of swore i had a outbreak of minute hairs just pop up and i got very excited, but now realised this is not going to grow like i hoped, and feeling abit down........gutted actually! But...reading further on this site, i could be going through a shed( whats left to shed!) and hanging on in there no matter what, for at least a year to see if anything happens. Hope this helps someone/anyone, and i'll comment as time goes by.

r u on dutasteride alone, or with other stuff ?

copper

Reaction score
Hi, ive been on dutasteride alone, mainly, weve odd bit of emu oil, say couple times overnight a week,if that, and started some green tea as well. Just washing my hair with tea tree shampoo.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
I did have a brief period of thinking my forehead was drier than normal, that was about 6 or 7 months in (I think) and probably unrelated to dutasteride (could've just been my imagination anyway) as now, after almost 16 months on the drug, my skin is perfectly normal.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks slarti.

so your skin wasnt oily *before* u started dutasteride?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
blaze said:
thanks slarti.

so your skin wasnt oily *before* u started dutasteride?

No it wasn't, not even way back before I took finasteride. If anything, my skin has always tended to be somewhat on the dry side.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thankyou to everyone who responded.

I have ordered some dutasteride and will ease into it by taking 1 capsule every second day and then I will up it to 1 capsule per day.

If anyone else wants to answer the question as well, feel free to do so! :D

Jeff71913

Reaction score
Skin Condition:

I have been taking Avodart now for about 2 weeks. My face is a little bit on the oily side, but not bad. I have noticed some new hairs coming up very quickly at the edges of my receeding hairline. Also, a few little bumps at the hairline, kinda like ingrown hair. Propecia and Rogain did this as well, however there is even more hair now. I started using Nizoral shampoo 2 time per week about 2 months ago and that could be doing it, but I can't rule out the Avodart.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been on dutasteride for 6 months now. No side effects so far. I don't take it everyday though. I take it once in 3 or 4 days. I decided to be very carefull with it, since there are no real recommendation how to use it for hairloss, plus I really wanted to avoid any side effects. I also this taking it every 3 or 4 days should be suffieicent for hairloss.

Good luck,

copper

Reaction score
Can everyone on dutasteride give there opinions, especially experienced users! There seems to be lots of scaremongerers, which i wouldn't mind, but sometimes get the feeling these people are out for kicks more than anything. If you use it, lets hear your opinions and with everyone telling, a clearer picture to the newbies like myself would be a great help!
2.5 months, one a day, morning glory not at best, spots mainly on head, scalp, but only 2 or 3 at time, paranoid about getting tits but unsure as yet if this is happening or like i say, paranoia. I am getting results though, feel like im having regrowth, many tiny hairs a popping.........other thoughts please ppl!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
My thoughts on dutasteride...

My thoughts on dutasteride...

I think it's great. To date, I've been using the medication .5/mg per day, as prescribed, using the actual Avodart. What little shedding I did have, and it was very minimal, has completely stopped. I've noticed the front is starting to thicken up, even better than the crown.

I've experienced no side effects so far, and it's so GOD-FREAAAKING great to have my libido back after quitting Finasteride!!! I feel so much better, and manlier. Now I realize that, if I do start to lose my libido on Avodart, then I'm going to get on some herbal supplements that should help with the libido.

In all, I'm not concerned with the side effects of Dutasteride. Every drug works differently on different people, and so far I've experienced less sides and more benefits with Dutasteride than with Finasteride. I also take my Dutasteride every morning with a hot cup of Lipton's Green Tea, which antioxidant properties probably help reduce any severity of any possible side effects.

I'm satisfied with Avodart as a treatment for my hair loss, and feel that, in combination with my regime of Minoxodil, Nizoral, and Tricomin, that I'm gradually reversing my hair loss. Even now it's difficult to see my scalp unless I'm under an extremely bright light.

Good luck everyone, and if you have any questions, especially my experiences with hair loss, please feel free to message me or email me at any time.

Andy

peakhair

Reaction score
I started with Avodart on the 28th of september 2005.
The side effects that I´ve noticed so far is dry skin and
also my eyes feel dryer. My sexdrive is way stronger compared to
my old regimen which included propecia.
I Hope it helps. 8)

Jeff71913

Reaction score
My sex drive has increased greatly on Avodart. I was afraid that it might lead to more hairloss, however my hair continues to thicken. At this time I would say that without question Dutasteride is superior to Finasteride concerning hairloss and libido. Time will tell.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Jeff71913 said:
My sex drive has increased greatly on Avodart.
I am one week on Dutasteride. My sex drive has decreased in comparison to Finasteride.
Did you take finasteride before? How long did it take that you considered your increased sex drive on avo?