All my pieces come with a poly on the sides and back

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use tape, walker no shine tape to be exact. Sometimes it peels right off, sometimes not; regardless, it always leaves a bunch of residue behind leaving it sticky.

What tape are you using?

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use walker minis. It's easy to try to scrape off the residue and then just dab some c22 on.

I'm going to shampoo it afterwards so I find the c22 comes off easily if you apply shampoo before water to those areas.

Reactions: TEG

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use walker minis. It's easy to try to scrape off the residue and then just dab some c22 on.

I'm going to shampoo it afterwards so I find the c22 comes off easily if you apply shampoo before water to those areas.
do you mean walker no shine? I did not know they had minis. Where do you buy them?

Thanks!!

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use tape, walker no shine tape to be exact. Sometimes it peels right off, sometimes not; regardless, it always leaves a bunch of residue behind leaving it sticky.

What tape are you using?
I’ve also found the exact same issue with Walker’s no shine. Every time I used it, it would leave behind a ton of residue. I now use the Walker minis that were linked above. Barely any sticky residue left on the base. Makes cleanup a hundred times easier

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To minimize cleanup on poly surround, I use red tape on poly, then another tape of any kind over it. Also use duotac , by Walkertape which is one side redtape (poly side) other blue tape ( for scalp). Peels right off, leaving no residue

Last edited:

Jadc007

Reaction score
Using Walker minis myself on the parameter - When I come to cleanup, I just dab cotton wool balls all over and use a fresh ball to push a long the tape to remove. Then after all the tape has gone I use another ball with alcohol to wipe the poly parameter until residue removed, then retape.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
What poly thickness? I had a piece, twice, that had thick poly surround. Removing tape from it was EFFORTLESS as it was impossible to tear the poly.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find the benefits of the poly surround that the glue from the tape does not get into the lace, however, they are harder to remove from the poly, you need lots of alcohol and patience.

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
I lay down a 1 1/2" 'starter' tab of red liner tape and overlay about 1" of that with sunshine tape and finish off the remainder of the perimeter with overlaying 1" - 2" strips of sunshine tape. When I remove the tape, I peel starting at the 1/2" starter tab of red tape. The tape peels right off. There is minimal residue and that can be removed with a paper towel moistened with 99% alcohol.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also use red tape, the best for poly removal (not thin skin) as peels off easily and no residu. Never heard of sunshine tape, to what other popular make (no shine, supertape, blue, etc ) would you compare it to?

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also use red tape, the best for poly removal (not thin skin) as peels off easily and no residu. Never heard of sunshine tape, to what other popular make (no shine, supertape, blue, etc ) would you compare it to?
It’s between red and blue on the adhesion scale. Best I’ve found for 3-7 day wear.

berdon

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To minimize cleanup on poly surround, I use red tape on poly, then another tape of any kind over it. Also use duotac , by Walkertape which is one side redtape (poly side) other blue tape ( for scalp). Peels right off, leaving no residue
is this one type of tape that has one side red sensi-tape style with the other being blue-maxi hold?

At the moment I put one layer around the poly perimeter of walker sensitac and then overlay that with walker maxi hold. I was told this was the best way as it makes cleaning up easier?

Curious if just putting glue on the poly rim would make all this much quicker than having to cut and position tape, find it super difficult!

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is this one type of tape that has one side red sensi-tape style with the other being blue-maxi hold?

At the moment I put one layer around the poly perimeter of walker sensitac and then overlay that with walker maxi hold. I was told this was the best way as it makes cleaning up easier?

Curious if just putting glue on the poly rim would make all this much quicker than having to cut and position tape, find it super difficult!
The one i think you mean is duotack, one side is red liner (sensitac) and other is bleu tape, although backing is white, duotack does not need 2 layers, whereas sensitak or red liner tape cant go on scalp, you need to put another type of tape...

berdon

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The one i think you mean is duotack, one side is red liner (sensitac) and other is bleu tape, although backing is white, duotack does not need 2 layers, whereas sensitak or red liner tape cant go on scalp, you need to put another type of tape...

ah I see, so this would require me to only put one layer of tape around the poly perimeter, rather than doing one layer of red and then again with max hold.

this would help with timing considerably! I wonder if there are straight strips anywhere though and not curved..... or maybe the minis with slight curve would work?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ah I see, so this would require me to only put one layer of tape around the poly perimeter, rather than doing one layer of red and then again with max hold.

this would help with timing considerably! I wonder if there are straight strips anywhere though and not curved..... or maybe the minis with slight curve would work?
Check walkertape site, comes in a variety of shapes and sizes