Ajjw's story

Saibo

Reaction score
Hi, I am Adam from Glasgow in Scotland.

Well I am 17 years old and my hair is going really thin at the top. I have been to the doctor and I am diagnosed with male pattern hair loss. I know nothing about hair treatment products so hopefully I can learn alot here in this forum.

I have really lost all my confidence, feel like everyone is looking at my hair. It is really getting annoying because in class I refuse to sit at the front of the class which is ridiculous to be honest.

Britannia

Reaction score
Your under 18 therefore it would be unethical to start advising you on male pattern baldness treatments. Other than sujesting using Nizoral shampoo, Im going to pass on this one.

Saibo

Reaction score
Nizoral is doing nothing though.

My doctor suggested Propecia but it is too expencive as I am only a student earning £30 a week. Plus I heard it has sexual side effects, and taking it as young as 17 put me off.

I don't want to be like Zinedine Zidane.

I will post a pic of my thinning hair soon when I get one.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Adam, I know the feeling exactly, I am a vertex loss sufferer too. Tough letting someone go behind you or higher huh? Yep.

You could start minoxidil and wait for a year or two before starting on proscar(split).You will probably save those follicles if you are not too bad now.

Welcome on board.

tu pac

Reaction score
yo

Adam,Just to let you know Im new to this sits as well. Good choice in looking for help from real professionals I myself have already learned tons from these self taught gurus.go through some stories of others and it should help you through this tough time. im diffuse and have week vertex as well,it sucks. Cause of your age I would deffintly research natrule metods at the present time,nioxin has a decent follicular booster that might help some and some research indicates the use of saw palmetto can help to, no harm in tryin!

Saibo

Reaction score
Shampoo

Hi again all, found something that helps.

L'Oreal For Men Thickening Shampoo!

This stuff works good after a month there has been a massive improvement.

And the stuff aint dear.

Britannia

Reaction score
But using this shampoo just creates an illusion. It just adds water to the hair youve got now to make it seem thicker. It isnt helping your hair loss at all, just covering it up.