Aieee, my hair

zedpol

Reaction score
This is obviously my first post but i have been reading the forums for hours upon hours and wanted a little input from you all.

5 months ago I started taking finasteride 1mg religiously, at the same time i started minoxidil 1% twice a day but the minoxidil irritated my scalp so much i only made it through a little over 2 months of the stuff. I was constantly itching my scalp and it gave me mad dandruff. I also have been using nizoral otc every 2 or 3 days since 5 months ago. Anyways I went through a really strong shed period about 6 weeks after starting all this and then my hair got noticably thicker. I took pictures before starting but promptly lost them. Now my hair is getting thinner again and it is shedding like mad and obviously it has me distressed :freaked2: . Is there anything that i am not doing that i should be doing? I am 25 and am losing hair on my temples and my crown is thinning...i REALLY don't want to lose it all. Any alternatives to minoxidil or anyway to make it not irritate my scalp so much? I tried to start it up again last week but after 3 days i had to stop because of how bad my scalp got. It took 4 days for my scalp to stop itching. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Z

hardcastle

Reaction score
I haven't been on the stuff as long as you have, but the fact that your hair actually got noticeably thicker sounds hopeful to me.

I wonder if all the hair you're losing now was still growing when you started taking finasteride, has reached the end of its cycle, and is getting pushed out by new growth?

VWdude

Reaction score
Alot of people get a shed either in the begining or somewhere down the line while taking finasteride... ride out the shed period and you should start seeing improvement... it could also be a sign that you are infact a good responder.