Ahhh! Only 1 finasteride pill left till monday or teusday..

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Cuz my jackass doctors office has the gayest hours and every time I call to renew my prescription they are always closed..

So do I not take it tommorow and take it sunday or split the pill and take half one day and the other half the other?

beaner

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Missing a dose for a day or two or even a week isn't going to do anything.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Split the pill. I only take 0.25mg per day and its around 70-80% effective as 1Mg. Better little and often than missing any as half life is short.

beaner

Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
Doesn't DHT spike if you don't take finasteride after 24hrs or so?

It takes on average about 2 weeks for DHT to go back to baseline levels after stopping, so missing a couple days here or there really shouldn't make much of a difference. I've missed up to 5 days with no shedding or anything negative happening. The only thing I did notice after more than a couple days without taking it was that I would always seem to get a big zit after taking that first dose after being off....probably caused by the fluctuating hormone levels.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
DammitLetMeIn said:
Doesn't DHT spike if you don't take finasteride after 24hrs or so?

It takes on average about 2 weeks for DHT to go back to baseline levels after stopping, so missing a couple days here or there really shouldn't make much of a difference. I've missed up to 5 days with no shedding or anything negative happening. The only thing I did notice after more than a couple days without taking it was that I would always seem to get a big zit after taking that first dose after being off....probably caused by the fluctuating hormone levels.

I believe you. You guys will probably know much more than I about Finasteride.

But, I definitely read that. I think it was in a report written by a doctor and he actually said 12 hours and he also said thats why some people take it AM/PM. Sounds like he's wide of the mark though.

Sean68

Reaction score
been there mate dont worry. some people just take 5mg proscar every five days. id probably split it to make myself feel better but it wont matter.

G

ang_99 said:
Cuz my jackass doctors office has the gayest hours and every time I call to renew my prescription they are always closed..

So do I not take it tommorow and take it sunday or split the pill and take half one day and the other half the other?

Cut it into fourths if you have to. 0.25mg finasteride is up to 90% as effective as 1mg. If you really need to spread it out you can take it every other day as well, or every x amount of days that you need until you can get your next order.