Aggressive Balding, Young. What’s The Best Way To Deal With This?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m in my early mid-twenties, been experiencing some hairloss for about 5 years now. I’ve used rogaine, biotin, nizoral, and dermarolling to some success in regrowing, but then minoxidil began giving me chest pains which exacerbated my anxiety, so I had to stop. Now I’m using dermarolling, essential oils, and nizoral. Haven’t been taking my biotin supp recently and maybe that’s part of why I’m losing some ground the last few weeks.

Anyway, what’s the best option at this point? I only just began using oils like rosemary, peppermint as well as castor and almond oil. I tried saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil for a couple of days but it started to shrink my peen when I used it.

I’m not willing to use finasteride for the same reason I stopped saw palmetto and rogaine is out. I’m going to give the oils a try, but also what haircut is best for this? Should I shave it or try to grow it out so it covers up the crown area, or keep it at a low buzz?

Attachments

• F7A29D96-8015-438A-8368-321719F810B0.jpeg
    F7A29D96-8015-438A-8368-321719F810B0.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 631

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would grow it out and like part to side and tight around ears and back. Maybe try toppik lightly on top to darken scalp so doesn’t look as thin. Good luck

Ibiza4300

Reaction score
I have way less hair than you and I grow mine way out on the top to 3" or so and cover the middle bald portion using hair from the back and sides. I shave the rest of my head at like a #4 to give the appearance of more hair on top of the head.

High-and-Tight-Haircut-65-650x779.jpg

Kind of like that minus the hard part. It works really well. Your hair naturally probably grows down in the back, but when I go to sleep I comb it with my hands to cover the top, and then after resting on the pillow it naturally begins to grow upwards in that direction. If that makes sense.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would grow it out and like part to side and tight around ears and back. Maybe try toppik lightly on top to darken scalp so doesn’t look as thin. Good luck

Thanks for the response. I think I will grow it out and hope for continued regrowth. I see how Toppik works for some people but I’m not the biggest fan of concealers. I’d rather address the hair loss itself as best as I can.

I have way less hair than you and I grow mine way out on the top to 3" or so and cover the middle bald portion using hair from the back and sides. I shave the rest of my head at like a #4 to give the appearance of more hair on top of the head.

View attachment 109506

Kind of like that minus the hard part. It works really well. Your hair naturally probably grows down in the back, but when I go to sleep I comb it with my hands to cover the top, and then after resting on the pillow it naturally begins to grow upwards in that direction. If that makes sense.
Thanks, I might have to try that. I’ve never really styled my hair before, when I had it long I just wore it long. I’ve never used product and barely ever a comb even lol.

I’ve been wearing it short for so long I’ve been skeptical about growing it out cause I thought it’d make the thin parts stand out more. I guess I can see how certain hairstyles could disguise it though. Appreciate the responses so far

ShanghaiExpat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did saw palmetto really shrink your penis after a few days of use? When I started finasteride I thought my penis had shrunk. Then when I wasn't in a cold bathroom scared and frightened i'd lost an inch, my penis didn't seem any smaller at all.

Get a short hair cut, and embrace it. Covering it up looks silly. No one cares you're thinning when they look at you, I've never given a damn about anyone elses hair. Ever.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did saw palmetto really shrink your penis after a few days of use? When I started finasteride I thought my penis had shrunk. Then when I wasn't in a cold bathroom scared and frightened i'd lost an inch, my penis didn't seem any smaller at all.

Get a short hair cut, and embrace it. Covering it up looks silly. No one cares you're thinning when they look at you, I've never given a damn about anyone elses hair. Ever.

Yep, the saw palmetto and/or the pumpkin seed oil extract also in the supplement caused my penis to shrink. I used it for 2 weeks and noticed something was happening to it so I stopped. I waited and tried again for 2 days and I noticed my circumcised penis had almost begun to look almost uncircumcised, and I didn’t magically grow any skin back. I took the supplement in the morning on both days and shortly after by the afternoon it had shrunken half an inch to an inch shorter. I stopped taking it and everything’s back to normal.

I don’t mind the short hair cut look, but if growing my hair out some will make it look fuller then that’s better. I’m not going for a combover, but I think I’ll see if it can fill it naturally with longer hair.

abcdefg

Reaction score

IDK I do think hair really plays a big part in sexual attractiveness with SOME girls. I know because I experienced it myself many times, and after losing a decent amount you no longer get that attention, and its not just from being older.
Its one of those things you can look at as a guy though and say its just hair who cares right? I understand this, but it does hurt your appearance. Nothing really fixes it though so just saying to hell with it is not a bad choice and you can over compensate for it with other things like bulking up or becoming the most interesting man in the world. Its just hard for some guys to adjust their life like this.

ShanghaiExpat

My Regimen
Reaction score
If people really love you, they don't care. I'm in a committed relationship and I did the whole will you still love me when I'm bald, and my partner said of course. I have a short haircut, I never try to hide it or cover it up.

From a gay man, you want to know the most unattractive thing? A lack of confidence.

If you get up there with your short neat thinning hair, you give the speech, you deliver the presentation, you talk to strangers just because you want to and you're a leader, they'll love your confidence and see going bald as no issue at all. If you lose all you confidence and hide away under concealers and hats, they'll probably leave you.

That's my experience and that's the person I aspire to be. My partner's new years resolution is to ask me to marry him before December 31st 2019 - and he has a full head of hair. Be confident and embrace who you are - you'll be more attractive than any Norwood 0.

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
or you can test DHT morning and night, today and after 3 days, and if you have above average dht, you can try small finasteride to maintain it little bit below average for a week followed by another blood test to check if its in a bit below average point. So, side effects are in your hands.

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IDK I do think hair really plays a big part in sexual attractiveness with SOME girls. I know because I experienced it myself many times, and after losing a decent amount you no longer get that attention, and its not just from being older.
Its one of those things you can look at as a guy though and say its just hair who cares right? I understand this, but it does hurt your appearance. Nothing really fixes it though so just saying to hell with it is not a bad choice and you can over compensate for it with other things like bulking up or becoming the most interesting man in the world. Its just hard for some guys to adjust their life like this.
Yes, true, but today morning, just after waking up, i thought being resourcefullness is more important for a man than looking good. but just after seeing mirror, mind changed automatically, now think what happens when readying to go meet girls for first time or some functions or parties. anyway, we get adjusted in a year or few

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree with you, hair is definitely a feature that can improve attractiveness. Hair or not, I’d rather have the option to be bald or not that to have no choice . Guys can do fine with the bald look, there’s a long list of celebrities who pull it off but there’s an even bigger list of celebrities who get hair transplants to look better because they don’t look as good without hair.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
or you can test DHT morning and night, today and after 3 days, and if you have above average dht, you can try small finasteride to maintain it little bit below average for a week followed by another blood test to check if its in a bit below average point. So, side effects are in your hands.
I’m sure that I have high DHT. I don’t know if that will guarantee I won’t still get sides from finasteride or dutasteride.
If people really love you, they don't care. I'm in a committed relationship and I did the whole will you still love me when I'm bald, and my partner said of course. I have a short haircut, I never try to hide it or cover it up.

From a gay man, you want to know the most unattractive thing? A lack of confidence.

If you get up there with your short neat thinning hair, you give the speech, you deliver the presentation, you talk to strangers just because you want to and you're a leader, they'll love your confidence and see going bald as no issue at all. If you lose all you confidence and hide away under concealers and hats, they'll probably leave you.

That's my experience and that's the person I aspire to be. My partner's new years resolution is to ask me to marry him before December 31st 2019 - and he has a full head of hair. Be confident and embrace who you are - you'll be more attractive than any Norwood 0.

I appreciate what you’re saying. If someone loves you, it shouldn’t matter whether you have hair. That being said, I’d like the option of having hair.

Last edited:

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
High DHT? it could be dangerous you felt any sleep apnoea and high blood pressure while sleeping? early morning waking up with headache and feeling like not satisfied sleep? or something related?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Women arent wired the same as men. Apples to oranges

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
High DHT? it could be dangerous you felt any sleep apnoea and high blood pressure while sleeping? early morning waking up with headache and feeling like not satisfied sleep? or something related?
No, I don't have any of those symptoms. Just early hair loss.

Newhere01

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look no bullshit, you’re balding badly. Shave your hair and hit the gym. Would you rather start getting used to it now and learning to live with it? Then 2-10 years down the line when you got a girl while bald you’ll look back and think “thank f*** I accepted it back then and got on with my life” or would you rather try and hold onto what you have now and throw drugs at it then 10 years down the line you have to actually shave your hair off and start learning how to cope with it from that point? Then spend another few years from then growing with confidence as you age? Your call bro.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look no bullshit, you’re balding badly. Shave your hair and hit the gym. Would you rather start getting used to it now and learning to live with it? Then 2-10 years down the line when you got a girl while bald you’ll look back and think “thank f*** I accepted it back then and got on with my life” or would you rather try and hold onto what you have now and throw drugs at it then 10 years down the line you have to actually shave your hair off and start learning how to cope with it from that point? Then spend another few years from then growing with confidence as you age? Your call bro.
It’s not as easy as just shaving it. I’m not even 25 yet. I’ve got a whole life ahead of me to be bald if I shave it now. I might as well do what I can for as long as I can unless it’s totally unredeemable. But thanks for your honesty

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not as easy as just shaving it. I’m not even 25 yet. I’ve got a whole life ahead of me to be bald if I shave it now. I might as well do what I can for as long as I can unless it’s totally unredeemable. But thanks for your honesty
Exactly, that’s what I’m planning on doing man. I hate the fact that im going bald, but if meds don’t work for me (or give sides) I’m gonna call it a day and I’ll work on embracing the baldness. Yes, being bald can make you unattractive for some people, it would be in you’re favor to have a nice head of hair but it’s not the end of the world. Life goes on after that so you need to pick yourself up and make the most of it, how hard that may be for some (including myself).

And I’m no medical expert, but a shrinkage in the penile tissue in just a couple of days sounds unrealistic to me. I don’t wanna attack you and I don’t know about your situation, but it doesnt sound very likely.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, that’s what I’m planning on doing man. I hate the fact that im going bald, but if meds don’t work for me (or give sides) I’m gonna call it a day and I’ll work on embracing the baldness. Yes, being bald can make you unattractive for some people, it would be in you’re favor to have a nice head of hair but it’s not the end of the world. Life goes on after that so you need to pick yourself up and make the most of it, how hard that may be for some (including myself).

And I’m no medical expert, but a shrinkage in the penile tissue in just a couple of days sounds unrealistic to me. I don’t wanna attack you and I don’t know about your situation, but it doesnt sound very likely.
Yep, might as well fight it as best you can before giving up forever. And I guarantee you there was some effects directly from the taking of the supplement on it. For one, the shrinkage which was noticeable never occurs on me. It also felt like the veins or whatever on the inside had constricted for the first 2 weeks and then again during the 2 days. I can 1000% say there was physiological changes in my privates due to the taking of the supplement. There’s no need to be a medical expert. When I took the supplement, it shriveled up, when I stopped things went back to normal. Nothing permanent occurred fortunately. I still hve the supplement. If you want me to post the name so you can buy some and try it for yourself, be my guest!