Aggresive Hair Loss, Difficult To Deal With It.

cactopilus

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been suffering from hair los since I was 16 or maybe even sooner. Now I'm 25 and I have big bald area and I think that I'm pretty far gone. I'm dealing with an aggresive type of alopecia maybe DUPA, I don't know that for sure, my dermatologist only said to me that it was Androgenetic Alopecia but I'm thinning all over my scalp even in the sides and in the neck zone.

Sometimes I fell like my life is screwed, each day I'm becomig more and more deppressed and I feel powerless because I feel like I can't do anything about it, only seeing my hair falling.

I haven't tried any treatment, I had no money when it started and now I think that's pointless because I reached the point of no return. Even I think that I'm not suitable for a hair transplant.

Now I shave my head but when I look myself in the mirror I don't like what I see, I lost a part of me that I can't restore. I like to take care of me and doing exercise but you can't control this curse.

Hair loss is having a great impact in my life, one of the worst parts it's how people treat you, specially women. Girls my age don't like a bald guy in their lives and look you with disgust like you were sick or something worse.

I feel for everybody suffering from this, people will never know the pain until it happens to them and it's a lot of pain.

Attachments

• Crown.jpg
    Crown.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 451
  • Donor Area2.jpg
    Donor Area2.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 490
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 468
  • LR.jpg
    LR.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 890
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 474
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

cactopilus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some advice and help would be appreciated. I know that it's not a lot to say about my situation but I wrote expecting to know some opinions.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been suffering from hair los since I was 16 or maybe even sooner. Now I'm 25 and I have big bald area and I think that I'm pretty far gone. I'm dealing with an aggresive type of alopecia maybe DUPA, I don't know that for sure, my dermatologist only said to me that it was Androgenetic Alopecia but I'm thinning all over my scalp even in the sides and in the neck zone.

Sometimes I fell like my life is screwed, each day I'm becomig more and more deppressed and I feel powerless because I feel like I can't do anything about it, only seeing my hair falling.

I haven't tried any treatment, I had no money when it started and now I think that's pointless because I reached the point of no return. Even I think that I'm not suitable for a hair transplant.

Now I shave my head but when I look myself in the mirror I don't like what I see, I lost a part of me that I can't restore. I like to take care of me and doing exercise but you can't control this curse.

Hair loss is having a great impact in my life, one of the worst parts it's how people treat you, specially women. Girls my age don't like a bald guy in their lives and look you with disgust like you were sick or something worse.

I feel for everybody suffering from this, people will never know the pain until it happens to them and it's a lot of pain.

Here are some pics of what I'm dealing with: http: //imgur.com /a/ UqccN
Sorry for the bad quality, I used to have my hair that short or shaved. Also the "red line" in my head is from my computer headphones it fades away.
1/ don't be so certain you are not a candidate for a hair transplant. Let a surgeon decide. A little more hair can go a long way. You don't need to have thick sides and back: you need a thick "safe zone", which is a smaller portion
2/ there are treatments in the pipeline. Maybe in ten years you have part of your hair back and you're game again.

cactopilus

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have an appointment with a surgeon next year. I wanted a good one and the waiting lists are really long even for a consultation. Some days I think about starting with minoxidil and finasteride but also I think that is pointless because I have already lost all of my hair.

cactopilus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I made an online consultation with one of the "top surgeons" in my country. I sent photos of my current state and today I received the answer. He said that I'm not a candidate for a hair transplant because my donor area is depleted and they can't extract folicular units in order to do a transplant. That I have a really agressive alopecia.
Now I'm really depressed, I'm going to have to live my life with this burden losing my young years like I was a 40 year old guy like I heard sometimes. I have lost all my hope, the only thing that I have now is waiting for a new treatment that maybe never comes.

pete_love

Reaction score
Gutted for you mate.

I've just had a huge hair transplant, but before reading this, I still felt bitter about having to go through it at all. Now I can appreciate that there are always others worse off.

There's still people worse off than you, too. I assume you still have your health, your limbs, a job/money etc. I know its hard to be positive in these situations, but always remember that you're still luckier than a lot of other guys.

Finally my suggestion, if it really gets you down that much, is to try some full head bonding. A guy I work with has his done, it looks brilliant and if you go to a decent place, is pretty indistinguishable. You'll also achieve exactly the type of hair style you want, which is sometimes too over ambitious after a hair transplant.

Good luck.

cactopilus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gutted for you mate.

I've just had a huge hair transplant, but before reading this, I still felt bitter about having to go through it at all. Now I can appreciate that there are always others worse off.

There's still people worse off than you, too. I assume you still have your health, your limbs, a job/money etc. I know its hard to be positive in these situations, but always remember that you're still luckier than a lot of other guys.

Finally my suggestion, if it really gets you down that much, is to try some full head bonding. A guy I work with has his done, it looks brilliant and if you go to a decent place, is pretty indistinguishable. You'll also achieve exactly the type of hair style you want, which is sometimes too over ambitious after a hair transplant.

Good luck.

I don't share your view. I don't appreciate or feel happy because the are people worse off than me. I know that there are people that there are worse off than me (sickness, money and family problems...) but that doesn't make me feel better. I supposed that is the world were we live trying to feel better because other people are worse and I know that's how people with hair see people suffering from baldness.

Thanks for the advice but I can't wear a hairpiece due to my work.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Mr. cactopilus

Where are u from? If from UK there is a great doctor for hair transplant here an example of his work

Norwood 7

71306_image21.jpg

71306_image22.jpg

71306_image23.jpg

71306_image11.jpg

71306_image24.jpg

71306_image25.jpg

71306_image26.jpg

Here his website:

http://www.restorehairclinics.com/

Take contact with him. I think for you the front is more important then the tonsure.

pete_love

Reaction score
I fail to see how your work would impact on your ability to have full head bonding, since it is weather/water proof and allows you to wear safety headgear etc. Also, if you are so negative and helpless, why post on here? I tried to give you some advice and you've completely dismissed it. Why ask for any then?

cactopilus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Mr. cactopilus

Where are u from? If from UK there is a great doctor for hair transplant here an example of his work

Norwood 7

http://www.restorehairclinics.com/

Take contact with him. I think for you the front is more important then the tonsure.

Thank you for the advice and recommendation. I'm from Spain, also I think that the front is the most important for me. I want to regain the frame that gives hair to your face.

I fail to see how your work would impact on your ability to have full head bonding, since it is weather/water proof and allows you to wear safety headgear etc. Also, if you are so negative and helpless, why post on here? I tried to give you some advice and you've completely dismissed it. Why ask for any then?

Sorry if I made you misunderstood my reply. I only said that I don't share your view because other people worse off doesn't make me happier that's all. I thanked you for your advice and I considered it but I said that I can't due to my work. In my work you need to have your hair short and in some cases really short, also sometimes you are out of your home for several days or weeks and you can't do the maintenance of a hairpiece, also I have to deal with dust, rain, sun... . I'm not going to say what is my work but I think that I said enough to guess it.

And I try not being negative, I have been dealing with this since I was really young and if I am negative is because it really hurts. I started losing my hair when I was 16 and I started shaving my head when I was 20 and I had to deal with lots of hurtful things specially when I was younger. Now I'm looking to fix this and they say to me that I can't have my hair back and I continue searching for a solution it's the most that I can do.

cactopilus

My Regimen
Reaction score
You Welcome ;)

Ah spain ;) Even with full hairs hard to catch a woman there, for me one of the worst countries to catch a woman hahaha .

Ok there is also a good hair transplant doctor in spain:

Some guys from a german forum were in spain:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZReMHLJtrmN2DPZWsP98-A

http://injertocapilar.com/

That's the doctor that said to me that I'm not a good candidate for a hair transplant. I have an online consultation and I send to him my pictures and the reply that I got was that.
And I know... girls are difficult here even with a full head of hair so imagine being bald around them.

Willy_Aer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ánimo tio!!

Maybe it's harder now because you see around and don't see that many bald men. Wait 4 to 6 years, you will see bald men of your generation everywhere. I also tell you, most women up to 30 are extremely superficial now we are in Instagram days (and even more in our country, and I'm from Seville so even worse, you know how are sevillanas girls ). Then things will get better because for women at 30 it's much more normal to meet bald men at their age and it's not such a huge handicap anymore.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the doctor that said to me that I'm not a good candidate for a hair transplant. I have an online consultation and I send to him my pictures and the reply that I got was that.
And I know... girls are difficult here even with a full head of hair so imagine being bald around them.

Spain women are attractive but i don't know something is wrong with their personality . Really , really hard to come in contact with them.

Back to the topic.

Try also this clinics:

Send them your pics but make a better one ;)

Turkey one of the best doctor there :
http://www.fue-hlc.com/

Options : chest hair and beard

And this one in Switzerland:

http://www.hattingenhair.com/en/

cactopilus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ánimo tio!!

Maybe it's harder now because you see around and don't see that many bald men. Wait 4 to 6 years, you will see bald men of your generation everywhere. I also tell you, most women up to 30 are extremely superficial now we are in Instagram days (and even more in our country, and I'm from Seville so even worse, you know how are sevillanas girls ). Then things will get better because for women at 30 it's much more normal to meet bald men at their age and it's not such a huge handicap anymore.

Gracias por el apoyo. Each year is becoming more and more easy to deal with this because like you said I start seeing people around me losing hair. Some people think that only old men lose hair or you have an illness even in our days. So when more people your age are dealing with this they start to see it like a normal thing that sometimes happen.
I don't know what's happening with spanish girls but everybody says that they are becoming really difficult, also I live in a city where girls are famous for being unpleasant.

Spain women are attractive but i don't know something is wrong with their personality . Really , really hard to come in contact with them.

Back to the topic.

Try also this clinics:

Send them your pics but make a better one ;)

Turkey one of the best doctor there :
http://www.fue-hlc.com/

Options : chest hair and beard

And this one in Switzerland:

http://www.hattingenhair.com/en/

I really appreciate your help, I think that I'm going to see a surgeon, you don't know, sometimes can be difficult to take a photo, also I took it with my phone. Also, awesome hair transplants, I would like to have something like that, the results are stuning.

And the girls in spain are becoming more and more difficult to deal with, new generations are even worse. Of course you can't say that of all the girls here, but the vast majority are like that, like you said "something is wrong with their personality".