Age 26 And Lost A Ton Of Hair. What Are My Options? (pics Inside)

Questions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That meeting is in a month or so. I only saw the dermatologist, but when looking at my head, he said it was good to see that there is still visible hair on top
Well, I hope everything goes well and if you get a transplant it really helps!

iCuckedYou

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn dude. sh*t like this makes me so glad I hopped on finasteride within 2 months of my diffuse thinning being visible and never looked back.
Look into oral minoxidil, and dermarolling.

RIP boyo, you look 43.

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Why does it bother you now? Did you just suddenly realize that being bald doesn't work out for you? It pains me to see a balding guy get on treatments this late in the game :( Come on man, you either "kind of" accept it or you fight it with fire...

shookwun

Reaction score
RIP

Do not waste your time with hair transplants, and treatments.

At this stage, and aggression it would be in your best interests to make amends and peace with yourself. In other words, shave,

I know it's not what you want to hear, but the idea of having a full head of hair will not happen unless you wear a wig. A transplant cannot, and will not provide satisfaction with your level of hair loss. (nw7 with diffuse bum bluff)

dont be conned into the idea of a doctor being able to restore you, as most ethical surgeons will turn you away. Some however will operate, which will lead to a big mistake in the long run when your sides continue to drop. Leaving a weird hair transplant design and scar at the back of your head.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
Aye man, looks way better in the pics where you shaved juxtaposed against the two before it. Can't tell you your beautiful since we can't see your face, but you got a good shaped head (bask in that compliment, because you'll only get it right here on these forums since what we lack in hair we make up for in affability).

kazence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you just suddenly realize that being bald doesn't work out for you?

Short answer -- yes

Longer answer -- I had a job the last 3 years (when the balding was most intense) where I was allowed to wear a hat. I wore a hat everywhere I went. But the larger issue, which I didn't previously disclose, was that I had some serious mental issues going on that essentially prevented me from hair maintenance and treatment.
The past couple months though, I've been lucky enough to get great mental therapy, and I've felt like a different person that wants to make changes.

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
Short answer -- yes

Longer answer -- I had a job the last 3 years (when the balding was most intense) where I was allowed to wear a hat. I wore a hat everywhere I went. But the larger issue, which I didn't previously disclose, was that I had some serious mental issues going on that essentially prevented me from hair maintenance and treatment.
The past couple months though, I've been lucky enough to get great mental therapy, and I've felt like a different person that wants to make changes.

Well, i have never had hairloss as bad as yours, but i can imagine if i didn't get on treatments i would probably end up the same way at 24-25. You have very little to work with, you know that, right? Most people with thinning can get on finasteride or dutasteride and get some good results, but you need to start with a nuclear regimen, because by now you are too far gone.

kazence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, i have never had hairloss as bad as yours, but i can imagine if i didn't get on treatments i would probably end up the same way at 24-25. You have very little to work with, you know that, right? Most people with thinning can get on finasteride or dutasteride and get some good results, but you need to start with a nuclear regimen, because by now you are too far gone.

Full nuclear it is

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Full nuclear it is
I'll give you some hope.

DjGSC09.jpg

eiFbqbE.jpg

VmGCnNB.jpg

Xaler

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you thought about shaving it? I was on finasteride. For a few years when I was in my early 20's. Didn't help me at all. At first I was terrified at the thought of running out of options and "having" to shave my head. But the feeling of relief and freedom that comes with shaving was indescribable. Wish that I had done it way sooner rather than worrying about pills and and winning a losing battle. It was as if every worry and countless anxious moments I had regarding balding just melted away. Liberating is an understatement.