Agassi and his wig

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently Ex Tennis pro andre agassi admitted he wore a wig in the 1990 french open final.
On his fake hair: Of the 1990 French Open final, Agassi writes, "Warming up before the match, I pray. Not for a win, but for my hairpiece to stay on."

video
[youtube:262j52qv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyWLtpYsen8[/youtube:262j52qv]

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
At :42 you can see the look on his face saying "Please, oh god please, don't let this wig fall off."

Goes to show you hair loss is on the minds of all balding men.

Also, I wonder if his fears of his wig falling off are why he wore the headband?

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agassi is lucky in one respect: he has a good shaped skull that works with a shaved head. It really annoys me when people say balding men should just shave their heads. Not everyone has a skull shape that looks good bald. Some people look pretty bad without hair. It's not just vanity or wanting to look younger. Elton John has made this point on more than one occasion.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't know at the time, must be tricky being a sportsman/woman and wear. I remember a footballer who went from bald to full head of hair overnight. That must have been really difficult. Everyone would've known. Dressing rooms can be cruel places. Plus a contact sport where you head the ball etc...

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard about the anecdote about him trying a wig or piece.

Surprised it's here, if what he said is true.