After wearing for 2 years, I have decided to shave my head

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough OP, if that is your decision and you are comfortable with it then go ahead. In my observation, I think there are 3 perspectives with hair loss:

1) Those who moan and complain about it but won't do anything about it

2) Those who fully embrace it by either shaving all their hair off or still keeping the hair they have but accepting the hair loss and don't try and hide it (e.g. think of someone like Phil Collins, who was always balding/receding but never hid it).

3) Those who actively do something about their hair loss, either by taking meds, using thickening shampoos, changing diet etc, or by using hair loss concealers, getting a hair transplant or wearing a hair system.

Obviously you don't want to be in category 1). I do kinda admire people who are in category 2), who can fully 'own' their hair loss and display it to the world and still be confident and secure in themselves, however it's not for everyone.

I am in category 3). I know I do not look good with a shaved head or a head of hair with bald patches. I look infinitely more attractive as well as younger by having a full head of hair. Plus I'm a rock musician and I need to maintain a certain look, so I wear a hair system and I'm very comfortable with my decision.

I don't think it displays a lack of confidence to wear hair. There's nothing wrong with wanting to maximise your looks, and let's face it we all feel better when we like the way we look too. And like it or not, looks DO play a part if you're still in the dating/hook up game or if you're in a business where you're on display all the time (like being a musician, model, actor, celebrity etc).

I think a hair system simply allows me to be the real me, to look the way I want to look without the cruelness of hair loss preventing me from having the look I want.

If anyone feels it's fake to wear hair - well, we're all bald underneath our bio hair anyway, and we're all naked underneath our clothes! Yet we don't complain about that. A hair system is just another way of making yourself look better, and life is too short not to do that in my opinion.

But equally, if the OP is someone who can 'own' shaving his hair off, then more power to him! Some people do actually look great, if not better, with a shaved head. I am not one of those people, though.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you really detach / reattach your hair system every day? Wow, that must be a lot of work for a glued or taped system. I wear mine on average 2 weeks at a time.
When I used tape, I used to peel it off mostly every night.

Presently, I use Got2B Ultra (black tube) hair gel. Works very well for short-holding bonds. 1-3 days.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I used tape, I used to peel it off mostly every night.

Presently, I use Got2B Ultra (black tube) hair gel. Works very well for short-holding bonds. 1-3 days.
And application takes a second. You simply apply it the way you would any glue to your head - although you can be more liberal & of course extend your hairline without worrying getting strong adhesive in your hair.

It's best not to let it dry much at all. You want to bond while it's still wet, which allows time for adjustment.

I couldn't imagine how long a thicker all-poly unit with Got2B.

evasive

Reaction score
Right on dude. Looking at when you made your account its clear that you’ve been battling the beast for too long. Although in the near future there might be some things you can do to actually have a naturally full head of hair, it seems like you made the right choice. I agreed with 100% of the things in your message, and I doubt your girlfriend will leave you because you do not want to wear your system anymore. Hope you start finding some self-acceptance.
Thanks man
Glad you are happy with your decision and have accepted that you can be confident even without hair. That being said I wish it was this easy for me and a lot of other guys who just cannot by any means pull off the shaved head look.

I'm curious if you can share (in a summary) what your overall experience was like wearing? You say you always worried about lifting or people detecting your system- can you elaborate on that?

Thanks.
Wearing a hair system did not make my insecurity go away. I was still in the head space of "does this look natural" or "is that person staring at me because of my hair system?" If I was on a date, I would be worried if the girl touched my hair. If I was going to a party, I would try to plan my hairline maintenance to be the day before the party. If I would go on a vacation, I would make sure not to book more than 2 weeks so that I can get back to my city for a hair bonding appointment. If I was in the gym, I wouldn't work out as hard because I would sweat more and it would loosen my bond. Insecurity was still ruling my life, I did not feel "free".
I don't agree with your post at all. I have always - since well prior to puberty - attended seriously to my appearance as I've always felt it's critically important.

I should say I have an exceptionally beautiful mother &, as far as I recall, all my father's friends & colleagues had pretty wives.

I remember being devestated when I started school & seeing that my male teachers didn't have pretty wives.

As men, we are lucky insofar as the laws of attractive don't work the same for both sexes. It's unquestionable that status is the best asset a man can have, and beauty the best a woman can. If that sounds shallow, I don't care - as it's the unequivocal truth.

I do feel I've applied the enormous weight I put on women's appearances to myself, but I don't regret it as I've always been successful women, which is the highest priority to me, by far.

What the average man wants doesn't apply to me, I don't think. My tastes are very parochial. I care about women & attention, and very little else - so, for me, having hair is critical.

If I looked better bald, I'd be happy as I think standard (non fully shaved head) male pattern baldness is the classiest of looks for a man, but that's not the case for me.

I'd never be able to reconcile doing something which would make me less appealng to women for the reasons you state
In my 20's, I cared A LOT about what women think of me too. It is what drove me to get a hair system in the first place. And guess what? Having a hair system works. First impressions are better. Your dating app pics looks better. Your approaches go better. You look friendlier and less intimidating. But there's always a thought lurking in the back of your mind.. "would she still be attracted to me if I didn't have this hair system on?" Maybe it is the same thought shared by women who wear a lot of makeup.

I have had a lot of dating experience with woman in my 20's - a lot higher than the average man going by statistics. I have come to a point where I would rather go through 99 rejections to find 1 woman who accepts me with a shaved head, than to have 99 women swoon over me with a hair system on.

evasive

Reaction score
Fair enough OP, if that is your decision and you are comfortable with it then go ahead. In my observation, I think there are 3 perspectives with hair loss:

1) Those who moan and complain about it but won't do anything about it

2) Those who fully embrace it by either shaving all their hair off or still keeping the hair they have but accepting the hair loss and don't try and hide it (e.g. think of someone like Phil Collins, who was always balding/receding but never hid it).

3) Those who actively do something about their hair loss, either by taking meds, using thickening shampoos, changing diet etc, or by using hair loss concealers, getting a hair transplant or wearing a hair system.

Obviously you don't want to be in category 1). I do kinda admire people who are in category 2), who can fully 'own' their hair loss and display it to the world and still be confident and secure in themselves, however it's not for everyone.

I am in category 3). I know I do not look good with a shaved head or a head of hair with bald patches. I look infinitely more attractive as well as younger by having a full head of hair. Plus I'm a rock musician and I need to maintain a certain look, so I wear a hair system and I'm very comfortable with my decision.

I don't think it displays a lack of confidence to wear hair. There's nothing wrong with wanting to maximise your looks, and let's face it we all feel better when we like the way we look too. And like it or not, looks DO play a part if you're still in the dating/hook up game or if you're in a business where you're on display all the time (like being a musician, model, actor, celebrity etc).

I think a hair system simply allows me to be the real me, to look the way I want to look without the cruelness of hair loss preventing me from having the look I want.

If anyone feels it's fake to wear hair - well, we're all bald underneath our bio hair anyway, and we're all naked underneath our clothes! Yet we don't complain about that. A hair system is just another way of making yourself look better, and life is too short not to do that in my opinion.

But equally, if the OP is someone who can 'own' shaving his hair off, then more power to him! Some people do actually look great, if not better, with a shaved head. I am not one of those people, though.
I admire people in category 2 as well. So my perspective for myself is...then why not join category 2? Wouldn't that increase my level of self respect? Wouldn't that help with insecurity?

There is nothing wrong with maximizing your looks. However, I DO think there is something wrong with masking an insecurity.

Before the hair system, I was in a depressed state. I was insecure. Did not feel "good enough". Fast forward to getting a hair system - On the outside, the issue was resolved - "I have hair now, women like me more now, yes I don't have to see my bald spots anymore!". But in the unconscious mind, there was still a part of myself that I did not accept. A part of myself I abandoned and that depression and insecurity was never dealt with.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with maximizing your looks. However, I DO think there is something wrong with masking an insecurity.

Before the hair system, I was in a depressed state. I was insecure. Did not feel "good enough". Fast forward to getting a hair system - On the outside, the issue was resolved - "I have hair now, women like me more now, yes I don't have to see my bald spots anymore!". But in the unconscious mind, there was still a part of myself that I did not accept.
Speak for yourself please. I am sorry hair systems didn't work out for you long term because of your unconscious mind and whatever other insecurities, but there are plenty of men out there who wear the hair system and are fine with it and themselves and feel 100% more confident. Hell, some even own it and are open about wearing.

evasive

Reaction score
Speak for yourself please. I am sorry hair systems didn't work out for you long term because of your unconscious mind and whatever other insecurities, but there are plenty of men out there who wear the hair system and are fine with it and themselves and feel 100% more confident. Hell, some even own it and are open about wearing.
Sounds like you got triggered by my post? I was speaking for myself.

I support any man's decision to wear a hair system, it's one of the best and realistic ways to get a full head of hair without messing with your hormones/libido. For me though - it did not fix the issues beneath the surface, a lack of self acceptance. And maybe I placed too much importance on what would women think of me / if would they still be attracted to me without a full head of hair.

Last edited:

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He was speaking for himself.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Thanks man

Wearing a hair system did not make my insecurity go away. I was still in the head space of "does this look natural" or "is that person staring at me because of my hair system?" If I was on a date, I would be worried if the girl touched my hair. If I was going to a party, I would try to plan my hairline maintenance to be the day before the party. If I would go on a vacation, I would make sure not to book more than 2 weeks so that I can get back to my city for a hair bonding appointment. If I was in the gym, I wouldn't work out as hard because I would sweat more and it would loosen my bond. Insecurity was still ruling my life, I did not feel "free".

In my 20's, I cared A LOT about what women think of me too. It is what drove me to get a hair system in the first place. And guess what? Having a hair system works. First impressions are better. Your dating app pics looks better. Your approaches go better. You look friendlier and less intimidating. But there's always a thought lurking in the back of your mind.. "would she still be attracted to me if I didn't have this hair system on?" Maybe it is the same thought shared by women who wear a lot of makeup.

I have had a lot of dating experience with woman in my 20's - a lot higher than the average man going by statistics. I have come to a point where I would rather go through 99 rejections to find 1 woman who accepts me with a shaved head, than to have 99 women swoon over me with a hair system on.
Actually for me this anxiety of people spotting me started going away after many more years. I've worn 5 years now and I think I just got to the point where I'm not worried anymore, whether people spot it. Not that I wouldn't be worried, when they did, but I know they don't because the hair just looks that good and feels that realistic now. I've been letting them into my hair with fingers quite roughly as well lately, because I just know now there is nothing to feel. If someone started doing it many times in a day, systematically, though, I would do start jumping away still. Next step for me would be not caring even about being spotted. 2 years is a very short time.

Using psychiatric aid and techniques to accept and live happily with anxiety is important as well of course. I'm not sure, whether such anxieties just go away on their own. Maybe with time. Definitely many of us have been in a state where atleast a conversation with a psychologist is required due to accommodating with the new hair. It is like good beauty surgery which always goes with a psychiatric assessment.

Last edited:

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been wearing for 2 years.

What I found is that good looks are overrated. When I was balding (before the hair system), I would stare at every guy with a full head of hair with jealousy and envy.
But after wearing a hair system for 2 years, I realize having hair on my head did not make a big difference in my life quality.
Yes, I looked "better" and younger when I looked at myself in the mirror, but I did not feel any better on the inside.
I did not find that my confidence or self esteem increased. Maybe it was even bad for my mental health.
For me, it felt like a band aid solution - it covered up the problem...sweeped it under the rug. But the real problem was a lack of self acceptance and fixating too much on my looks.
I would see guys in the gym with shaved heads and I would respect them more because here I was, paying hundreds of dollars a month to attach hair to my head, worrying about my hairline lifting, worrying about people detecting I'm wearing a hair system... and those guys just accepted it.

As I get older into my mid-30's I realize now that happiness is internal. It does not come from external things.
And yes, I might look a bit uglier without the hair system. And yes, I might not have the same options when it comes to dating. But it's fine. I would rather find a girl who accepts me for the way I look. Who cares if shes not a bombshell beauty? Every girl you date, you get bored of their looks after 1 year anyway. I'd rather get a girl based on my confidence/personality and who I could be my true self around. If I have to find a less prettier girl who accepts me for me, then that's totally fine.

On a side note, I do have a girlfriend. Shes okay with my decision and just wants me to keep the beard and told me it's a good idea to shave my head and to save lots more money per month. But the reality is, I don't even care if she leaves me either if I don't have hair - that just means she wasn't the right girl for me.

I don't want to dissuade anyone from getting a hair system. Give it a shot like I did. Every balding man's journey is different. I just decided it is time for me to surrender.
I feel like we tend to complicate things like baldness, at least I do. I think it's actually pretty simple though:

***Is baldness a physical flaw that my ego cannot accept to the degree that it negatively impacts my quality of life and my confidence, and prevents me from being happy with myself and doing things that bring me joy?

If the answer is yes, then I think the only wise decision is to take action (drugs, transplants, systems etc...) rather than living with a physical flaw that your ego cannot accept and one which makes you unhappy.

For 'Evasive', it sounds like your answer to that question is "No", so you are clearly doing the right thing for yourself. Congrats brother, good luck to you and hope shaving affords you the freedom and self-acceptance you're looking for.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually for me this anxiety of people spotting me started going away after many more years. I've worn 5 years now and I think I just got to the point where I'm not worried anymore, if people spot it. Not that I'm not worried, whether they do, but I know they don't because the hair just looks that good and feels that realistic now. I've been letting them into my hair with fingers quite roughly as well lately, because I just know now there is nothing to feel. If someone started doing it many times in a day, systematically, though, I would do start jumping away still. Next step for me would be not caring even about being spotted. 2 years is a very short time.

Using psychiatric aid and techniques to accept and live happily with anxiety is important as well of course. I'm not sure, whether such anxieties just go away on their own. Maybe with time. Definitely many of us have been in a state where atleast a conversation with a psychologist is required due to accommodating with the new hair. It is like good beauty surgery which always goes with a psychiatric assessment.
Great post. Just curious where do you get your systems?

Sounds like you got triggered by my post? I was speaking for myself.

I support any man's decision to wear a hair system, it's one of the best and realistic ways to get a full head of hair without messing with your hormones/libido. For me though - it did not fix the issues beneath the surface, a lack of self acceptance. And maybe I placed too much importance on what would women think of me / if would they still be attracted to me without a full head of hair.
I really wouldn't say I was "triggered", I was instead responding to you basically implying that you think there is something wrong with wearing a hair system, because after all you wrote there is something wrong with masking an insecurity. Maybe there was a misunderstanding, but the harsh reality is that anyone who wears a hair system has at least some form of the bald man insecurity.

I do think the anxiety factor with regards to wearing and how to handle it should be addressed more. I don't wear yet but i'd be lying if I said i wouldn't be anything like you. As much as I'm going to try and "accept" it and say i dont give a F - I know full well that I'm going to be a nervous wreck when that day comes when I have to tell a girl that I'm secretly bald and wear a damn toupee, or the day i'm at a backyard bbq with the hot sun coming down onto my system.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a forum to support people who wear hair systems out of choice. Your negative comments are unwelcome!
Improperly negative perhaps, but do people want input or not? We have a situation on many passing sites in the trans community that approaches the absurd with "you go girl" being the reply to every question related to the passive-aggressive questions "do I pass?, and "how am I doing?" Often when people reply honestly in their opinion, the person asking the question seeks to have them suspended or banned. I refuse to comment on them but previously my response was "do you have mirrors at home? Cause most of us do...."

Here, it sounds like a heartfelt and correct decision made so as to be certain not to disparage others. JuJu meant to be helpful but it came off harsh. None of us have comments that we are always proud of in retrospect. I absolve the person hitting the negative button and Juju whose feelings are also heartfelt and which many people agree with. Even using systems can create anxiety and stigma but we all know what we are psychologically capable of and let's face it, for most of us, a bald head in public is worse than being naked, much worse. Hair loss is debilitating.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The comment wasn't input. It was a negative comment with even a slight underlying dig in it as well imo. It helps absolutely nobody on this board or community.
I think that the response inarticulately stated the very true anxiety and fear of systems that might be prevalent among the vast majority of men related to hair loss. Not to mention that as far as I can tell, systems are a huge hassle to implement and to continue to implement. I see threads daily about tape and glue and I am sorry, yuck. A wig can just be tossed on, brushed and out you go.

Regardless of intent of the OP, he was subtly taking a dig at the reasons some have for wearing one, not to mention, to be essentially bragging that he is now man enough and together enough to no longer need one. Otherwise, why post? OP has no need of anyone else's permission. I see this same thing on trans sites where the groups divide into certain cohorts and only they are allowed to respond and only with a "ra ra" exhortation.

The other thing, which can't be denied is the sentiment among many of our XY balding cohort that systems and even HRT like I use, constitutes "cheating" and is disloyal to the XY brotherhood which I do in fact, at least previously, have my own anxiety about. As I said, to many of us, nothing approaches the fear of wearing one and having it come off in some chick's hand which is akin to something that many of us might feel to be the worst baldness nightmare possible. Second to this might be the humiliation that my best friend growing up had with his father who would just take his off when company was around. <shudders>. My father had and continues to have a full head of hair at 83 which is also every balding son's nightmare scenario.

I support all efforts by all to improve themselves but we are kidding ourselves if we purport that there isn't incredible humiliation for some in terms of even contemplating wearing such systems. I wear a wig but I acknowledge that it isn't a solution for most XY's. I am fortunate enough to currently choose to wear a wig because it looks nicer to me in terms of how I usually present but I no longer would even be able to wear a traditional system due to the efficacy of HRT and the path laid out by @bridgeburn. Is HRT more humiliating than wearing a system? Not to me, certainly and many other unreformed XY's feel the same. We want restoration deep down and not systems or transplants or other means of hiding tissue or moving it around and I again support transplants. Too bad mine was a fiasco only saved by microneedling away all of the scar tissue and restoring active follicles that way, with oral min and estrogen.

My secret shame for 30 years has been for getting a transplant and not researching it more thoroughly so don't think I haven't been there. Plus HRT is far from "free". I spent a year as an NW7 due to the benevolent shedding that often accompanies HRT and other hormonal treatments. Baldness is horrible and nobody on here is against anyone.

Peace, love and understanding to all,

Goddess bless.

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score

I really wouldn't say I was "triggered", I was instead responding to you basically implying that you think there is something wrong with wearing a hair system, because after all you wrote there is something wrong with masking an insecurity. Maybe there was a misunderstanding, but the harsh reality is that anyone who wears a hair system has at least some form of the bald man insecurity.

I do think the anxiety factor with regards to wearing and how to handle it should be addressed more. I don't wear yet but i'd be lying if I said i wouldn't be anything like you. As much as I'm going to try and "accept" it and say i dont give a F - I know full well that I'm going to be a nervous wreck when that day comes when I have to tell a girl that I'm secretly bald and wear a damn toupee, or the day i'm at a backyard bbq with the hot sun coming down onto my system.
Northwestlace.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

How to tell it to the girl I love I cannot imagine either yet.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I just don’t recognize myself without hair. No, it has not made me more confident. Yes, I do look and perform better with women. Your brain will always find a new insecurity but for me, it sure isn’t my hair now. Insecurities are normal and inescapable - but personally balding is by far my worst insecurity and that is gone now.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man

Do whatever makes you happy man. Your reliance on hair salons did not make it easier for you though. I do my own reinstalls and only have it cut in by them. Takes an hour a week at most. Im in my 20s right now so I can relate to the women part. I’ve always been successful with women and losing my hair was an “oh no im losing my looks” sh*t storm for me, even though I acknowledge I would still look handsome without hair, just not the way I personally want to look at 25. I care more about my appearance than women would care about mine, otherwise why would I wear 24/7 and not just wear it when I go out on the weekends? That’s something wearing has made me notice, that I’m vain. Its been a good experience for me though and I wish you luck on your next chapter.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's interesting to discuss the effect baldness and hiding baldness have on a person's levels of anxiety. Let me share my story and experiences about this.....

I personally think the decision to wear a hair system was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life and has got rid of most of my anxiety about my hair.

Having balding/receding hair caused me anxiety, and the annoying thing is that people have a strange and irritating habit of pointing out when people are losing their hair. People would say things like 'Hey, you're losing your hair!' as a throwaway comment or subtle dig at me, without realising the effect it would have on me. I might've just laughed it off at the time, but deep down I was livid that they could be so insensitive. It seems people like to point out the obvious, and especially so when it comes to people who are losing their hair.

Then around 2011 I found out about hair loss concealers and started using them. They were a godsend, and gave me back the look of a full head of hair and thus increased my confidence levels again. My hairline had not yet started receding, so I was able to apply hair fibres on the thinning area on top without any problems. For the next few years I did not have to worry about baldness and thought I had found a great long term solution.

As my hair loss got a bit worse, between 2016 to 2019, it became harder to get a realistic look with concealers and was taking much longer to apply them to get things looking right. This was mainly because my hairline started to recede at each side, meaning I could no longer use hair fibres alone. To top it off, I've got longer hair so it was even harder for me to do, as I had to maintain a certain look since I was a musician playing in a rock band.

I had to do a LOT of research to figure out a solution, and I started using a combination of hair fibres (for the upper area of my hair) and brush on hair concealer powder (for the hairline). It was very difficult to do and caused me HORRIBLE anxiety. The first problem was finding a colour match between the hair fibres and the hair concealer powder, as it did not look natural if there was even a slight mismatch between the colours of these. Eventually I found a company called VolumON who make hair fibres and powder which had an exact colour match, so I was able to solve part of the problem.

However it took me at least an hour every day to apply them to get a 'realistic' look. There were other downsides too: hair fibres would end up everywhere - all over my sink, bathroom, pillows, on clothes, hats etc. I also had to be very careful not to sweat, otherwise the hair concealer on the hairline area would get wet and start dripping or just look weird. I couldn't wear hats or helmets without it rubbing off, and I had to be ultra careful that nobody touched that area. I was constantly living in anxiety about how my hair looked, paranoid if people glanced up at my hair/hairline, and under bright lights I was very self conscious because this was more likely to show up the hair concealers. I couldn't be relaxed in social situations at all and started disliking some aspects of how I looked with the concealers on. I even hated having my photo taken because of this too.

So around 2018/2019 I knew deep down that I could not continue like this and that I had to find another solution to my hair loss. That was when I found this forum and started looking into either trying to regrow my hair or get a hair system. Eventually I decided to take the hair system route and took the plunge in late 2019. This got rid of my anxiety about the hair concealers, but replaced it with a different anxiety that people would notice I was wearing hair. However, within a few months once I got used to hair systems this anxiety disappeared and I was able to start living my life as normal without worrying about hair.

Where I'm at now is that I'm waiting to get a custom system with longer hair. Do I still get any anxiety about my hair? Very little - of course, we all sometimes feel a bit self conscious as to whether the glue on our hairline is going to be detectable, etc. I am confident my hair now looks very natural and I've had many compliments on me having great hair etc. However I do still want to make a few tweaks, i.e. the longer hair system, perhaps getting bleached knots or skin on the area where I have a central parting to make it even more undetectable etc. But this will follow in time, and I am confident I now have a long term solution to hair loss and can have a great head of rock star looking hair for the rest of my life.

So compared with baldness or using hair loss concealers, hair systems have massively decreased my levels of anxiety about my hair as well as made me much more attractive (based on how about I feel about myself when I look in the mirror, and based on responses I get from women). I can relax in social situations, around women and when having my photo taken. Hair systems are also FAR less hassle than the concealers. I can now wake up, give my hair a quick brush (plus spray with leave in conditioner) and I'm good to go within a minute or 2 max. I detach/reattach every 2 weeks on average (I might do an experiment with 3 weeks to see whether that works actually), so I can conclude that between being bald/receding, using concealers or wearing a hair system that the hair system is the FAR better route for me. I feel like it's been a new lease of life for me now and that I look younger than I did a few years ago, ironically (people usually guess my age as a fair bit younger than my actual age).

In the end, though, everyone has to decide which path is best for them!

Last edited:

CHAROUT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love the wigs ,i love the hair systems,hair pieces , i love evrything ............................................................:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)