After two plus years, my before/after pics

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
20sometingtoo said:
My point is that the pictures dont show much improvement. Rather, as Greg said himself, that the LC has helped to stop his hairloss. But at 20 years into his hairloss, the rate of loss has probably come close to a halt on its own.
I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just playing the devils advocate here. I want to believe the LC works. It could help me greatly.

http://www.dermalogix.net/lasercomb/alonso.html

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thin=depressed, I'm just thankful that I have found a treatment that is NOT topical and that, from what I've read about the results of finasteride or minoxidil, can do the same and more. I make no claims to a miraculous cure or outrageous imrovement whatsover. I am thankful though that my hairloss has stopped, I personally believe, because of the LC :D

Greg

Mickey

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant see much difference between the photos but if it has stopped the hair loss and the hair and scalp feels better than that could only mean a good thing.

viperfish

Reaction score
The other thing I forgot to mention is that I have alot of vellus hairs starting to sprout on my left hairline, which were not there previous to the lasercomb. However, it will take a few more months before I can really comment on this. I have also added in the American Crew Cu peptides again in hopes that it will further remove inflammation. I just hope that this does not impede results from the lasercomb. I will keep everyone posted on this during the next couple of months.

By the way I'm probably a norwood 1.5 - 2.0, although I am a diffuse thinner so I really don't fall into a good spot on the norwood scale. The bad part is I don't have a digital camera as I lost it in an estuary in Costa Rica while doing some research down there. Sorry guys!!! I'd probably go buy another one, but the damn lasercomb cost me $650 big ones!!! :lol:

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Red Rose said:
20sometingtoo said:
My point is that the pictures dont show much improvement. Rather, as Greg said himself, that the LC has helped to stop his hairloss. But at 20 years into his hairloss, the rate of loss has probably come close to a halt on its own.
I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just playing the devils advocate here. I want to believe the LC works. It could help me greatly.

http://www.dermalogix.net/lasercomb/alonso.html

I just dont get it. Maybe I'm more sceptical than you, but those pictures dont prove anything. His hair is just longer. There's no above-head pictures, no side-head pictures. The angle of his face towards camera also changes, so how can you say that he regrew hair? The only notable thing is that he seemed to stop shedding as many hairs.

Here's my point, about six months ago I added MSM to my regimen and a month later I swore that I was sprouting new hairs. Fast forward 5 months to present day, and I was wrong. MSM didnt do anything but make my hair grow faster.
I think if people want to believe that it will work, they'll figure out a way to convince themselves that it does work. Maybe the problem is that I'm looking for definitive finasteride-like results to justify paying $650 for the LC.

If you've got any other sites like that though, I'd like to see them.

G

doesnt everybody have vellous hair where there hairline originally was regardless of treatments or not? I thought vellous hairs were terminal hairs that have miniaturized resulting in them being cosmetically invisble

viperfish

Reaction score
bartman654 said:
doesnt everybody have vellous hair where there hairline originally was regardless of treatments or not? I thought vellous hairs were terminal hairs that have miniaturized resulting in them being cosmetically invisble

Vellus hairs can be terminal hairs that have simply shrunk in size and lost pigmentation. However, the hairs along my hairline, which resemble vellus hairs, were not there before and have grown in size with the use of the lasercomb. However, like I said it does not really mean all that much right now. Lots of things can stimulate fine little hairs to grow. What matters is if these little bitty hairs go terminal.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
20sometingtoo, I'm not getting what you're getting at here?

"His hair is just longer. There's no above-head pictures, no side-head pictures. The angle of his face towards camera also changes, so how can you say that he regrew hair? The only notable thing is that he seemed to stop shedding as many hairs."

>I have sought to keep as many variables down so that the lighting, angle, hair direction etc. are similar in the before and after pictures. When you say that there are no above head pictures, I'm not understanding? The pictures are of the front, side and above the head. To what are you referring to? As I mentioned, I sought to keep the angle as close to the before pictures as possible. And I do find it interesting that you do note that I seemed to stop shedding as many hairs. Don't you get it? That's my point. My hairloss has stopped with use of the LC. :freaked2: Over the more than two years that I've been with this treatment I've seen my scalp condition normalize to where now I no longer need to worry about wearing a black shirt any more! No more dandruff! Also, my hair is stronger, healthier, more resilient. But I guess that it's up to you if you want to really believe it or not. Me, I speak out of my integrity that what I'm seeing with this form of treatment is working at least for me.

Greg

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Greg,
I'm not saying that it hasnt helped you. You're hair looks healthier, or at least shinier. But I think most of us are concerned with whether or not it can regrow hair. I improved my scalp condition greatly with just a $15 bottle of Nizoral. For $650 we want to see if it will regrow hair.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
20sometingtoo, got ya. For me, the LC has regrown hair. I guess that my point is this. You probably would be better able to see the effect of the LC on a guy with a full head of hair that has difuse thinning than on a guy that already had progressed in his hairloss (a guy like me :eek: )BEFORE using this particular type of treatment. My gut is that the FDA will approve the LC as a legitimate medical instrument for regrowing hair. The Canadian government already has gone that far and has stated that the LC does in fact regrow hair. The one thing that really stood out for me when I first started treatment was that the vellus hairs in the area of my crown started actually growing. I think that is why I could feel the difference after almost a month of use as the vellus hairs there were actually responding to the treatment. This type of growth I have also seen in the area of my temples and the front of my hairline. I truthfully though can say that there has not been any growth where the follicles are dead.

Mikey, when you simply make a statement about Stone Phillips, are you referring to his bush of hair or are you referring to his factual type of reporting about a particular product?

Greg

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all. I deleted my most recent post that mentioned that I had updated my pics so that they are current. I thought that this was too repetitive and so deleted it. Just wanted to give you all a heads up on why it was not there.

Greg

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bartman654 said:
The vellus hair caused by dht are not terminal in that they will eventually shrink untill they die off to never grow back. Slick and shiny baldness is the result. I lucked out and may recover about half of my youthfull density.