After Phase III trials?

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
If dutas passes the phase III trials and is approved by the FDA, do you think there is any possibility of being able to buy it OTC?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
absolutely not

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
SNAP! didn't think so....any possibility of any DHT blocker being OTC in the within the next couple years?

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Any drug that has the potential to shrivel up your sex organs, grow breasts, cause depression, possibly contribute to Alzheimers, to say nothing about promoting acne, is unlikely to be OTC :lol:

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
johnnyseville said:
Any drug that has the potential to shrivel up your sex organs, grow breasts, cause depression, possibly contribute to Alzheimers, to say nothing about promoting acne, is unlikely to be OTC :lol:

Shrivels up sex organs, eh? Wow i need to do a little more research on this...i asked the question because I was under the impression that dutasteride had little to no side effects.....stupid question on my part.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
No offense CMU, but in the time you've spent contemplating and musing ways to get DHT inhibitors legally w/o a prescription (doesn't exist), you could have gone to your doctor, received a prescription, and been on your way by now...all on the up-and-up, with 100% legit product, while being monitored periodically by an MD. It's painless, trust me.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
cmudave said:
johnnyseville said:

Shrivels up sex organs, eh? Wow i need to do a little more research on this...i asked the question because I was under the impression that dutasteride had little to no side effects.....stupid question on my part.

OMG, where have you been! This stuff is not PEZ!

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
No offense CMU, but in the time you've spent contemplating and musing ways to get DHT inhibitors legally w/o a prescription (doesn't exist), you could have gone to your doctor, received a prescription, and been on your way by now...all on the up-and-up, with 100% legit product, while being monitored periodically by an MD. It's painless, trust me.

None taken, what your saying is definitely the most logical solution. I don't have insurance right now though, and I'm a broke college student so even if i did have a script the price for the prescription meds would be kind of a struggle for me too. Hopefully after the semester is up Ill take a break and work for a little bit and then ill be able to get on the finasteride. I wasn't thinkin about trying dutasteride anytime soon thats for sure though, I was just curious as to what the sides were and what you all thought the progress would be after phase III. Thanks for all the help since ive been here though you all have been a big help at answering my questions even if they do suck, and hopefully in time ill be able to start the big 3 and eventually have a mop like i came out of an 80's rock band! :hairy:

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
NP, the cost is a big pill (pun intended) to swallow for a college student. However, maybe you make a sacrifice in your budget elsewhere to get it done and over with.... the office visit would probably be a one-time deal, at least for the year. Pre-screen the docs you call to see if they'll prescribe the generic 5mg finasteride should you meet the criteria for hairloss treatment. If not, dial the next on the list and keep going until you find one. Just explain your financial status and I'm sure they'll be honest with you - tell them you can't afford brand name Propecia but you've heard that there's a generic available - ask them if they'll accommodate that. You'll find someone.

Also - just occurred to me that most schools have an on-campus health clinic/center with MDs or at least nurse practitioners. Perhaps that's a possibility.

Jm0311

Reaction score
shrivel up sex organs........yea i dont like the idea of taking this pill...lol

Pondle

Reaction score
The adverse reactions reported for dutasteride are exactly the same as finasteride - impotence, decreased libido, gyno, various allergic reactions. I don't think we really have robust data on any other sides... you see all kinds of scare stories on the net, but without credible studies, it's just anecdote and supposition. No-one really knows what the long term consequences of using this drug are.