after how many month the hypertrichosis induced by oral minoxidil stops?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on oral min 1.25 mg for almost 2 month now and i have the infamous hypertrichosis. IF it stops now i would be ok with it, but i don't want to have shoulder/ back hair as long as leg hair. Does those hair stop growing at a certain point?
the positive aspect of the medication is the huge convenience compred to the topical sh*t. no more itching/ flakes/ etc... If there was no hypertrichosis that would be perfect

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so the unwanted hair on my body will reach crazy lenght???? like 10 cm everywhere? you are sure of this?
no they wont grow that long but whatever length they are now they will stay like that or grow longer and hit a plateau.

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on the individual anagen phase which on min it increases a lot.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes that was my concern . Do you think laser hair removal would destroy entirely the unwanted hair?

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
If body hair were to grow non-stop it would be used much more frequently for hair transplants. Body hair grows to a certain extent and stops, for some its very short for others it can be around 1”

You didn’t get any swelling or water retention with 1mg?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am afraid that because oral min increases the anagen phase it might grow non stop? Yes this morning i have crazy puffy upper eyelid...

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt oral minoxidil can change your generic structure. There is no way in this universe any drug can cause your body hair to continue to grow to the point you can braid it or be coated in dreadlocks.

And if the only side effect was growing a full carpet of hair all over your body in exchange for a full head of hair that is a fabulous bargain.

Ascension

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when you stopped oral min the puffy upper eyelid disapear on its own? thanks. that is weird because i thought water retention started with legs and not eyelid
slowly after a few weeks, forgot to mention but ankles were swollen too a bit, there was a clear difference in vascularity

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
so i see an increase of body hair now on oral minoxidil... never had much body hair to begin with, not even in the legs...
even got regrowth on the temple now, which didnt happen for the three years im on medication...
lets hope that makes the crown grow back again and my hair grows faster, i honestly thought i missed my barbers appointment...

anyway, increase in body hair, also in parts where i dont like it (like everywhere instead if my head), only results in me plucking hair around the eyes every day and shaving my arms more than once a week, thats about it... small price to pay...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so i see an increase of body hair now on oral minoxidil... never had much body hair to begin with, not even in the legs...
even got regrowth on the temple now, which didnt happen for the three years im on medication...
lets hope that makes the crown grow back again and my hair grows faster, i honestly thought i missed my barbers appointment...

anyway, increase in body hair, also in parts where i dont like it (like everywhere instead if my head), only results in me plucking hair around the eyes every day and shaving my arms more than once a week, thats about it... small price to pay...
how much is your dosage? how long before getting result? for you hypertrichosis corelate with good hair result? I am ust afraid that my back/ shoulder hair will reach insane lenght

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
started with
how much is your dosage? how long before getting result? for you hypertrichosis corelate with good hair result? I am ust afraid that my back/ shoulder hair will reach insane lenght

started with 2.5 for 20 days, after that 5 once a day... on it for about 3 month now...
hard to say how long it took to see results, though, since i am still sceptical...
as long as i cant see any major difference, i dont see it as success, happy if it doesnt get worse, though...

for me, if my hair grows faster and if i get more hair in other places of my body (that also grows faster), its safe to assume that it does something...

i am on treatment now for three years, got some success in the front ( which didnt get worse again), but lost a lot on the crown, so much that i got to use toppik, when i didnt have to use it when i started medication... if finasteride worked, or min worked, i honestly dont know...
but yes, as long as i dont grow tits and my hair is getting better, for me everything is success...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
forgot to say: still thinking about going up to 10mg... that is where somehow people see real regrowth...
others say 5 is enough...
even 2.5 seems to be okay for most, just less regrowth...

i also never get side effect from anything, so much that i wonder if im immune to everything^^