after a strip procedure...

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Just curious

after a strip procedure does anyone have pictures of what the donar area would look like??

Dr armani says no one would notice if i covered my surgical areas with my hair..

But wouldnt the back of my head be all sliced up??? How would u cover that part up?

G

As long as you have adequate hair length in the donor zone, it is not difficult to "hide the sutures". Most patients need only 1 1/2 inches to accomplish this.

You see, the surgeon normally tapes or pins up the upper layer of hair just above the excision area. Then they typically will precisely shave the area the strip will be excised from. Once the strip is taken, the two sides of scalp are closed with sutures or staples. There should be little to no visual barren areas after closure. Then the tape or hairclips are removed so that the upper layer of hair drops back over the sutured area. It works very well for most strip patients.

Hope that was an adequate explanation. :wink:

v-head

Reaction score
I buzzed my head wit ha No.6 blade the day of my hair transplant, and it STILL covered the scar (apart from a single 1/4" piece of nylon suture sticking out at one end of the scar)

G

I definitely advise against buzzing the donor if you are having strip. :shock:

G

Because buzzing cuts the hair all at a precise length, and because of this, the sutures can be more noticable for most patients. And the coarser one's hair is, the more the hair shafts will tend to stand, instead of laying against the scalp. When hair is cut to style vs buzzed, stylists will layer the hair at varying lengths which IMO will ultimately cover the sutures/staples better.