After 9 months on Propecia

tas

Reaction score
I first hit this site daily after realizing I was experiencing the onset of male pattern baldness. At first I tried brushing it off to stress but after reading the posts and other information on this site I sought help. So, I've been on Propecia daily and 1% Nizoral used every other day for 9 months now. I'm returning to let people know this works.

I'm 45 and my kids first noticed a bald spot on the top of my head. I then noticed massive thinning across my crown. No pictures, but I had obvious skin showing on the vertex when the hair was dry and thin hair and pink scalp across the crown when my hair was wet.

After three months on Propecia I noticed thickening of my hair in all areas and could feel numerous "sprigs" on my scalp. At month 5 or 6 I had a major shed (the shower drain was clogged), but also had major sprigs on my scalp and noticed my hair felt thicker. Now, the bald spot is gone and the hair on my crown is thick. I don't even worry about my hair anymore.

If you're new to this problem get on Propecia and Nizoral as soon as possible and stick with it. You will shed and it's scarey, but I think it means your hair is coming back thicker than before. This simple treatment has worked for me and based on all the literature I have read on the subject it works 80 percent of the time, especially when started early. I have not only maintained but have experienced significant regrowth in only 9 months.

G

Good to hear about your success! Did you also experience regrowth on your hairline?