After 6 Years dutasteride Is Losing Its Effectiveness, Should I Up Dosage? What Should I Do???

Rumspringa!

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been taking dutasteride since i was about 24 with great results. The past couple years however i started losing ground again and its getting quite bad. Im trying to decide what to do. Right now im taking .5 daily, should i double it up or try a topical antiandrogen. Im losing ground fast.

Thanks for your time

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been taking dutasteride since i was about 24 with great results. The past couple years however i started losing ground again and its getting quite bad. Im trying to decide what to do. Right now im taking .5 daily, should i double it up or try a topical antiandrogen. Im losing ground fast.

Thanks for your time
Upping the dose to 2.5 mg/day would work, but not more than for two years.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for your time

Have you dropped below baseline? Also are you taking generic or Avodart? If generic, has it been the same brand for all 6 years?

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could just be shedding hair for other temporary reasons. Can always add a topical mixture a try by making it yourself. Or wait for topicals like polichem or CB to come to market.

sonnytle

My Regimen
Reaction score
@OP check your prescription history. The generic manufacturer does matter. If you're using Camber at the moment...that might be the reason.