Afraid to quit Propecia all together, if start Avodart.

tigger

Reaction score
Afraid to lose anything propecia has been doing for me.

24yrs old, been on finasteride for 3+ years. Front and sides are really thinning. Think finasteride has kept my vertex thick. Just not doing enough, and i've got no down side.

Switch to Avodart loose Finasteride effect? Yes i know they do similar things. But they are not the exact same drug.

Anybody have experience switching, or taking both?

Overlap, taper, take together, afford together?

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
tigger said:
Afraid to lose anything propecia has been doing for me.

24yrs old, been on finasteride for 3+ years. Front and sides are really thinning. Think finasteride has kept my vertex thick. Just not doing enough, and i've got no down side.

Switch to Avodart loose Finasteride effect? Yes i know they do similar things. But they are not the exact same drug.

Anybody have experience switching, or taking both?

Overlap, taper, take together, afford together?

I would just switch. dutasteride blocks the same thing as finasteride, but more and better.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
I would recommend adding RU58441 and staying on finasteride.

agree with this. dutasteride is stronger than finasteride, but so is RU. But dutasteride affects your body a lot more than RU.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, what is RU58441 and where can it be bought in the UK? Is it a topical solution or a pill and is it a growth stimulant or dht blocker?

Sorry for the qns, juat haven't heard of it before and might try it with finasteride...

Cheers

tigger

Reaction score
How realistic is taking RU? That seems to be some shady, mystery junk that is unverifiable for quality or source.

On the other hand, i can in theory get a prescription for REAL Avodart, and go to a local pharmacy, and have my health insurance pay for it, right?