Afraid of Propecia/finasteride

n0rc

Reaction score
Hi. I am 31 years old suffering from male pattern baldness and thinning on the right temple side. I consulted one doctor and prescribed me Propecia.

After doing lots of research, I came across "http://mypropeciasideeffects.com/". This scares me a lot.. I've been really reading bout the side effects. And still can't decide if I am going into this pill. I am currently still searching on other uses of DHT in our body that might get affected as an effect of the pill. According to some doctors, DHT is being used by our brain, nervous and endorcrine system....

any comments guys....

I really want to solve my hairloss problem...but I am facing this decision problem....

thanks
norc is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

n0rc

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
dont be afraid til you've tried it

im on for 7 months no problems

thanks buddies... I know finasteride works for many other persons here..

Im just wondering on the effects of blocking DHT to other body systems.....As they say irreversible effects...this is something serious I really do consider...

anyone here was able to read http://mypropeciasideeffects.com/ ???

GeminiX

Reaction score
While I strongly believe it's a good idea to go into things with your eyes wide open, you can also scare yourself silly if you believe every bad thing will happen to you.

Statistically, you're very unlikely to experience significantly bad side effects on finasteride.

The thing with websites like the one your visiting is that there is no way of knowing whether it's genuine, or has been set up to deliberately harm the reputation of finasteride.

There are risks in all areas of life:

If you drive a car to work, at some point, statistically, you're going to experience a car accident.
If you travel abroad by aircraft, there is a chance you'll plummet to your death in a fireball.
If you go out at night, there is a chance you'll be stabbed to death in a mugging.

Cheery thoughts for the morning :)

At the end of the day, look at the risks and a small chance you might experience side effects vs. the potential benefits if it works for you and then decide if you're happy with the risk.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have every reason to be afraid of finasteride, as it can cause all kinds of horrendous side effects in sensitive individuals..

Try it for a month and see how you get on. If you do suffer sides then you can always quit and your sides will dissapear at the early stage. Long term sides mostly only affect people who have being using the drug for years, where constant use of finasteride has caused irrepairable damage to their endocrine system.

I tried finasteride for a month and it gave me horrible sides, but after quitting the drug my hormones eventually balanced themselves out again after a few weeks.

Ende

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:

Didn't you have some issues earlier? Was it just ball ache, or was it reduced libido too? I don't remember. You haven't been using any zinc since then? I'm just curious.

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm a 20 year old healthy male taking propecia.

Iv'e not witness or fealt any difference towards my libido, sex drive

I still master bate fine, f*** fine and get an errection fine :)

Mens Rea

Reaction score
shookwun said:
I'm a 20 year old healthy male taking propecia.

Iv'e not witness or fealt any difference towards my libido, sex drive

I still master bate fine, f*ck fine and get an errection fine :)

how long you been on it?

garrynw4

Reaction score
been on it for 3weeks now,

sidies:
I have is extra hair growth on my neck area?facial hair grows faster.. weird as i have a had a beard for 10years suddenly 3weeks ago a line of hair appears on my neck area, fine thin hairs.

will update if need be.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Enden said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

Didn't you have some issues earlier? Was it just ball ache, or was it reduced libido too? I don't remember. You haven't been using any zinc since then? I'm just curious.

mostly ball ache on and off for about 3 months, it lasted way longer than I expected it to.

I did do zinc for about 3 weeks but I stopped, things kept going on fine and I've been perfectly fine since August

cuebald

Reaction score
Most people if not everyone who has posted "I am scared of finasteride sides" ends up getting sides, be they real or imagined.
Maybe it is worth trying Topical finasteride if you can get hold of it?