Affording a hair transplant

Reaction score
Hello all,

This thread is pertaining to the average Joe patients and not the ballers. I'm just wondering how you guys can afford the hair transplant? Is there some sort of payment plan or loans you take out for this. Do the clinics usually provide loan services? Thanks!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

This thread is pertaining to the average Joe patients and not the ballers. I'm just wondering how you guys can afford the hair transplant? Is there some sort of payment plan or loans you take out for this. Do the clinics usually provide loan services? Thanks!
In both Italy and Spain every cosmetic surgeon has a partnership with small loan companies.
when I visited one in Turin, he even had this poster "why buy a scooter when you can have your hair back with the same monthly money?"
I think the US, where credit is easier, is the same.

... Then one day someone creates CDOs on hair transplant loans...

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its why Turkey is so popular, its probably the best "bang for buck", but doesn't have the top quality of some US surgeons.

If/when I do ever get one, I'll probably take out a loan to partially cover it. Not sure how many provide payment plans.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I would not want to take out a loan, to pay for a transplant. Imagine having to pay off the loan, even if you're not satisfied.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not want to take out a loan, to pay for a transplant. Imagine having to pay off the loan, even if you're not satisfied.
As when they stole from me a Kawasaki Ninja 636 whose loan I was still paying. Insurance of course paid 2/3.
it was painful

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Most surgeons in the US seem to work on a cash up front plan, with a downpayment in advance to secure the date and completion of payment on the day of the procedure.

Most people do not have this kind of cash at the ready, and save for months to years to afford a hair transplant.

Piyush

Reaction score
Hair Transplant is not that much costly procedure

Hair Transplant as treated is not actually that much expensive procedure. The cost of hair transplant depends upon the number of grafts to be implanted and this vary from case to case basis. So, their is no such fixed cost for the same.

Rest, the major thing that may decide the cost of hair transplant is
  1. Treatment Facilities
  2. Procedure Type
  3. Location
Like, as we know medical tourism is boosting up people to travel to different locations for the cost effective treatment options.

For Hair Transplant, India is also a best option to opt as you may locate a Hair Transplant Clinic in India that may solve your problem by cutting down the budget to Rs. 30 to Rs. 40 for Hair Transplant Procedure. Also they are having easy payment options and you can pay using your credit/ debit cards as well.

drsangaybhutia

Reaction score
There are plenty of clinics and doctors who offers the best affordable hair transplant treatments at reasonable price, but the thing is that you have to firstly plan what kind of treatment you are going to take if you are suffering from hair loss problems. The hair loss cost is generally depends on the medical history of your hair fall problems. It includes various techniques and methods which can perform better and can give better results. Hair transplant cost varies from person to person because of its medical history.

static hair

Reaction score
Its why Turkey is so popular, its probably the best "bang for buck", but doesn't have the top quality of some US surgeons.

If/when I do ever get one, I'll probably take out a loan to partially cover it. Not sure how many provide payment plans.

Which Turkish clinics are the best?

So far I have considered dr de reys, farjo (too expensive) and shahmalak (don't know how much he charges).

BaldingMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting that people refer to turkey as a good place to get a transplant. Is this true even though it's so cheap (from what I have heard) I have been thinking of having a transplant here in the UK for crown and hair line. I've spoke to Vinci here in the UK and they have quoted me £4000 for the FUT procedure. To me this sounded quite good, but is turkey cheaper after paying for flights and accommodation etc. Also what happens if it goes wrong?

Fermat

Reaction score
Hair Transplant as treated is not actually that much expensive procedure. The cost of hair transplant depends upon the number of grafts to be implanted and this vary from case to case basis. So, their is no such fixed cost for the same.

Rest, the major thing that may decide the cost of hair transplant is
  1. Treatment Facilities
  2. Procedure Type
  3. Location
Like, as we know medical tourism is boosting up people to travel to different locations for the cost effective treatment options.

For Hair Transplant, India is also a best option to opt as you may locate a Hair Transplant Clinic in India that may solve your problem by cutting down the budget to Rs. 30 to Rs. 40 for Hair Transplant Procedure. Also they are having easy payment options and you can pay using your credit/ debit cards as well.

I'd rather do it myself with a butter knife