Advice... Shedding? Bad Pills?? Stopped Working???

gooner

Reaction score
I started using finasteride (dr reddies finast from pharmacy geoff) back in jan... within the first couple of months, i could see some slow, but definate improvments... i had loads of little tiny new hairs around my temples, and my hair in general was getting thicker on the top.

i ran out of finast in aug, so i ordered some more. but since i started using this second lot, it seems like its not having an effect... i noticed a couple of weeks back that wen i ran my hands through my hair, one or two were coming out, but now, i can lightly pull just about any hair on my head, and it will come out...

i dont know if its just a period of shedding, but it really seems like its since i started my second ''batch''... any ideas, advice? just dont wanna feel like i'm going backwards...

gooner

Reaction score
its not in my head, and yeah, i agree, i'm not one to count hair loss, but it is coming out really bad... i can pulled clumps out at a time... :s

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
dont worry your pills are fine its either a seasonal shed or just a propecia shed. im going through a shed myself, alot of people tend to shed alot from sept-dec.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
I switched to Finpecia from Propecia around 4 months after starting. A month later hairs started falling out for the first time since I started. I kept using the exact same bottle and it stopped falling out. I don't notice any thinning, maybe even a little thicker. I think it's just a shed, to be expected. It bothered me alot at the time cause I thought I had gotten fakes or something, but it wasn't fake. Just normal stuff.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am the same, I started a new supply of proscar and for the past two weeks I am shedding like crazy, I hope it is a seasonal shed.

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a report about fake finstride that being sold online and he even included pictures of the batches about 3 weeks ago and it looked like the ones that i used to order from united pharmacies... I went to the doctor last week got prescription for 1.25mg finestride its more expensive but its worth the the peace of mind... most of the stuff you buy online is made in china what guarantees you that this stuff is safe or real… there were a lot of contamination incidents in products coming from china, toys pets food and other products. my 2 cents :)