Advice required before making the next move.

jaylongford

Reaction score
Just like to say thanks to whoever made this forum, im skeptical of all the company run forums, mainly on the basis that its well.. dodgy. Although I have to admit HD forums seem to be the real deal.

Anyway, enough of that.. Lets talk about me :].

I'm 20 years old and have been losing my hair since I was about 16, oh the joy! Honestly i have never had much of an issue with it.. I used to have big curly hair, once I saw myself receding and then thinning I shaved it all off to grade 1, I didnt mind at all.

The thing is.. I want to look more youthful now.. its not that I dont look good with a shaved head, I get alot of female attention and I have no confidence issues with my hair the way it is, I just want a more youthful and different look really :].

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I know that im most likely going to be going with "easy piece" for a hair system but I have a few questions:

1) Although my hair on the sides and the back are still very much in tact, my temples have nearly gone and my top has faded quite a bit.. Should I opt for a full system?

2) My hair is naturally curly.. but I really want a freestyle type of hair so I can do a faux hawk sort of style.. again would it be sensible to go for a full cap if I want a style that is completely different to my natural hair.

3) my facial hair is blondey brown, but my hair used to be dark brown and my eye brow's are so brown they look black.. what colour is best for my hair? P.s I have light green eyes.

4) can someone help me choose a style.. I thought faux hawk was what I wanted, but im not sure if it suits my face.. i have an oval face from what I can tell :/ im such a spaz lol.

5) most important question really.. Where can I find a stylist and how much does one cost? im looking to get my system re-attached or whatever its called every 4 weeks, is this reasonable??

I think thats all my questions for now.. I'll add a few pics of myself too.. just promise not to fap to them ;] haha.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 312
  • y.jpg
    y.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 302
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 310

MARTINSTERN

Established Member
Reaction score
if i were you i honestly wouldnt get a HP,

i mean you have the model look with a shaved head,

why bother with the difficulty of dealing with a hairpiece

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Dude, you seriously look completely fine with a shaved head. I wish mine was like that...but I have an oddly shaped one. If I had your head I would just shave it all of and not worry about having to deal with a piece.

Grimoire

Reaction score
Wearing a hair system is a personal choice. We all have the option of shaving our heads, but I would never do it myself. I LIKE having hair - I like how it looks and it definitely makes me look younger (old fart here).

I wouldn't recommend going with a full cap (full wig). If your hair density is good at your sides and back, a hairpiece is definitely the way to go.

I also have the problem of thinning/receding temples. The solution is to have a custom piece made for you that incorporates small "flaps" that attach at the temples. That's what I have been doing for many years.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
You look good with a shaved head and it's probably nice to know that if it doesn't work out with the hairpeace, you can go back to shaving your head and looking great.
I was in a similar place - I was receding and diffusing a lot. Shaved it all off and was told mostly positive things about the hairstyle, but I wanted to try having some hair.

If you want a wig. There are some firms online that are good and some bad. I think some folk in here might be able to help more with that. I ordered a wig and it came and arrived, but I knew as I opened the box, I just couldn't put it on my head and be at peace with myself.
I went to get a cut-in, where they trim your hair and cut the wig in and blend it to your side hair. It looked good but I just felt so paranoid with it on. I keep looking at peoples faces when I walked from the saloon to the train station to see if they were staring at my head!
No one was, but I felt nervous waiting in the cafe at the train station as it was brightly lit - and if they could see where it joined up.
It was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life.
I ended up taking it off after 10hrs. I just couldn't cope with it.

This is probably not the view that you want to hear, but I just want to give you an insight into someone who has always been open-minded about wearing but just couldn't actually cope with wearing.

BUT, I would go for it, if really want to and can cope be at peace with something on top of your head.
I'm trying everything. Different hairstyles. Shaving. Fauxhawks, Mohawks, concealers, because I know that probably in 5 years time or so I'll need to shave it off.

Go out and give it a go or try some concealers.
You suit a shaved head so you always know that if a wig doesn't work out or concealers - you can go back to that look and hold it up with style.

Good luck.