Advice regarding further treatment options

ksubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you about my hair loss story. I've started balding when I was 19 years old, back then I lost big amount of my hair during 2 months. I haven't even notice it till my mother saw a bald spot on my head. I was diagnosed androgenic alopecia because my father was bald aswell. I was struggling also with itching skin on head. Immediately I started treatment with finasteride 1mg and till this day I haven't got any side effects. Now I'm 23 years old and my hair looks almost the same, finasteride completely stopped my hair loss, I'm still struggling with itchy skin on my head but it happens very rarely now.

Last picture describe how my hair looks when I shave my head. I was trying soo many treatment already to recover my hair, but all of them seemed to be useless and just waste of money. I was thinking about hair transplant, because seems like it's the last option left for me.

What can you advice me to do further and regarding hair transplant how many grafts should I get to cover my whole head.

Thank you for responses

Attachments

• Wrzesień 2020 (2).JPEG
    Wrzesień 2020 (2).JPEG
    96.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Wrzesień 2020.JPEG
    Wrzesień 2020.JPEG
    87.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Styczeń 2021.JPEG
    Styczeń 2021.JPEG
    118.4 KB · Views: 87

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you about my hair loss story. I've started balding when I was 19 years old, back then I lost big amount of my hair during 2 months. I haven't even notice it till my mother saw a bald spot on my head. I was diagnosed androgenic alopecia because my father was bald aswell. I was struggling also with itching skin on head. Immediately I started treatment with finasteride 1mg and till this day I haven't got any side effects. Now I'm 23 years old and my hair looks almost the same, finasteride completely stopped my hair loss, I'm still struggling with itchy skin on my head but it happens very rarely now.

Last picture describe how my hair looks when I shave my head. I was trying soo many treatment already to recover my hair, but all of them seemed to be useless and just waste of money. I was thinking about hair transplant, because seems like it's the last option left for me.

What can you advice me to do further and regarding hair transplant how many grafts should I get to cover my whole head.

Thank you for responses
I am so sorry this happened to you and male hair loss once acquired is very difficult to ever "lose". There's microneedling with minoxidil and retin-A which I do myself and there's oral minoxidil which actually grows hair. Topical minoxidil typically works as maintenance and people get their studies confused about the differences between topical and oral both of which go back to the early 80's but topical min for most acts only as maintenance while oral min grows hair everywhere including nose and ears other less favorable places. Be honest with yourself about how good looking your are facially since that's key and also to me, curly or kinky hair is not worth the effort of keeping unless coverage is just for coverage sake and not to improve your looks. Long-story short, only estrogen can save you and that has quite a body load so to speak but unlike anyone else on here literally except newbies like you, I have hundreds and hundreds of pics that all of the other balding guy dishing out advice lack access to since they are afraid to let anyone view actual progress because you can't see maintenance and no experimental meds exist strong enough for you.

I have no axe to grind either way as I am non-binary and I happen to love both of my alters and they both have great hair now but the road is fraught with error and mistakes and quick withdrawals which just makes guys shed even more to no good purpose evaluation wise.

Attachments

• Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 82
  • bald.png
    bald.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Cousin.jpg
    Cousin.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Wiil? in Stripes.png
    Wiil? in Stripes.png