Advice/ Reco / Questions - Post Chemo Hair Loss | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Advice/ Reco / Questions - Post Chemo Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Hjw1234, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Hjw1234

Hjw1234 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi all- I’m 30 and have had thin hair for many years. In the past 3 it got worse but didn’t really pay attention it until I got sick and needed chemo (testicular canc)

Everything is fine now but as the hair regrew, I noticed a bald spot right at the crown, this was 7-8 months ago now. I started talking fina 1mg a month ago and honestly it looks worse than ever.

So my questions:
    - what Norwood would you say I am?
    - should I keep fina? I don’t want to add anything but is mino a must?
    - is this fina shed real? Or is my hair just getting worse that fast
    - am I a possible candidate for fue?

Thanks ahead .

First pic is the one post treatment and the rest are recent after 1 month of fina.

Attached Files:

2. Prepareyourhair

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    finasteride usually takes 6 months to a year to see the full potential results so for now I would stay on it until at least then to judge if its working or not. Finasteride shed is very real, at least it was for me but its different from person to person. You are in the sweet spot of the shed as well so again just keep with it. Looks like you're at a norwood 2-3. If after a year you don't see any improvement you might want to consider adding additional treatments. Also, minoxidil is very good to use with finasteride (just saying)

3. Derelict

Derelict Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You should get a rough idea where your hair is headed about the year mark, stick with it until then, but studies have shown improvements even up to the 24 month mark. If you aren't satisfied with your hair after a year or so try minoxidil.