Advice please

Brodie81

Reaction score
25 and thinning

First off, I used to bleach my hair with hydrogen peroxide...what effects do you think this had on my hair.

Secondly, I have heard that propecia only lasts 5 years, so I am holding off on that as long as possible. But, I would like to do something. However, I want to stay away from topical solutions (i think they are a pain), so I would like to stick to things in pill form. Any suggestions? There are options out there, but many seem lack scams. Crazy that people take advantage of others' self-consciousness.

Any advice, suggestions, comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
Mistake #1 -
Brodie81 said:
I have heard that propecia only lasts 5 years, so I am holding off on that as long as possible

Get on it ASAP and save what you have otherwise you'll regret it later.

Brodie81 said:
However, I want to stay away from topical solutions (i think they are a pain), so I would like to stick to things in pill form.

minoxidil once a day isnt a real pain and could do a lot for you.

My suggestions (big 3):

Propecia - 1x per day (pill and your best bet)
minoxidil - 1-2x per day (topical and a good addition)
Nizoral shampoo - 2x a week (Shampoo, surely you should do this)

Additional possibilities:
LaserComb - expensive but promising
Tricomin - Copper Peptide topical with potential
Good Multi Vitamin every day - self explanatory

Lots of other stuff, you can learn a lot by reading these forums. The big 3 work and are your best bet as they are proven to work.

Good luck

oni

Reaction score
Your hair is not that bad try just taking finasteride and Nizoral and I don't think you will see much difference from 2% or 1% Nizoral.

I would give it a year and see how it works out before jumping on minoxidil as your hair looks in good shape.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Brodie81 said:
25 and thinning

First off, I used to bleach my hair with hydrogen peroxide...what effects do you think this had on my hair.

It made it lighter in color!.... and cleansed the skin.

Unless you used a high Volume peroxide, combined with a booster and actualy burned and blistered the skin you did nothing to your future hair growth.