Advice on halting hairline recession

jim1447

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been on 1mg of inhousepharmacy's Finpecia daily for about 4 months now pretty much exclusively for (hopefully) halting further loss from my hairline.

Unfortunately it has continued to recede, so I thought I'd ask for some advice here. Should I just leave it for longer and hope for the best or add in something else to try and help?

Another thing I wanted to ask, is there a reason why the right-hand side of my hairline seems to recede much faster than the left? It's completely lopsided which looks pretty daft. Below are photos of the current hairline (apologies for the quality).

Attachments

• WP_20150426_006.jpg
    WP_20150426_006.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 275
  • WP_20150426_007.jpg
    WP_20150426_007.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 263

fullhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're just in the shedding phase. Give it more time if you don't have any sides. Same happened to me, right-hand side of the hairline receded faster. I don't think there's a specific reason for that ... male pattern baldness doesn't follow any rules.

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
It is possible for finasteride to completely halt hairloss, but sometimes it doesn't halt the hairline and temples. If you are really worried about your hairline, you might need to get on RU +finasteride in order to completely halt your hairline. Maybe give finasteride a full year then decide on what you want to do.

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
Same here. My right side recedes much faster then the left. Maybe ru would help you with hair recession and it wouldn't be too expensive either

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
don't add anything just wait

Reactions: Vim

abcdefg

Reaction score
how could people suggest ru when they are unsure it even works... so stupid

In all fairness though if finasteride doesnt work for you what option to you turn to? I mean people only mention RU because after finasteride your basically gonna have to turn to experimental stuff for any chance.
I agree though try one thing like finasteride and stick with it. In a few years or you notice its slowly getting worse than maybe try RU or whatever else exists by then. Competing with T and DHT though at the receptor level would probably help the front/temples a lot but RU is purely experimental.

jim1447

Reaction score
Untitled.jpgSlight update, only been a month but it seems hairline is holding steady, however a different issue has arisen. This one area only on this side of the scalp has severely thinned over the past couple of weeks (looks a lot worse in real life). A month ago the area was thick and I've never suffered any loss past the hairline. Is this anything to be worried about, or is this just a 'shed'?

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 33035Slight update, only been a month but it seems hairline is holding steady, however a different issue has arisen. This one area only on this side of the scalp has severely thinned over the past couple of weeks (looks a lot worse in real life). A month ago the area was thick and I've never suffered any loss past the hairline. Is this anything to be worried about, or is this just a 'shed'?
im pretty sure thats not normal...maybe go doctor

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed thinning and itching in this area on the left side only recently as well. Currently 8 months in. Crown and midsection have rethickened and no longer itch but the hairline is iffy. Slight recression on the right side, left side continues to receed with major itching and shedding on the left side 1 to 3 inches above the hairline.

Starting RU next month.

Hairwatcher

Reaction score
hi, I'm new here. Jim1447, would you ever worry that Finpecia isn't as good as Merck's Propecia? It's probably just paranoia on my part but my concern is that generic finasteride isn't as reliable or as well produced or something.

Also, I was looking at the inhousepharmacy website (out of curiosity it ends in .vu - which country does that mean it's based in?) and they supply Finpecia from Cipla's facility in Goa and also the one in Kumrek. Are they both just as good or has anyone ever heard any complaints about the supply from one of the factories?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, at the one year mark on finasteride, my left hairline and 1-3 inches behind literally blew up. I'm so thin there now.. Hairline is still f****** and that was 8 months ago. I'm pretty sure finasteride does nothing for hairline recession. I'm freaked out to try dutasteride because of the bigger test increase. That's prob why our hair is turning for the worst on drugs like this.