Advice On Hair Maintenance / Re-growth Regime

Chris Vern

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m a new member so apologies for the sort of post that people have no doubt I read 1000’s of times before..

In a nutshell, I am 31 currently and noticed I was receding and thinning at the crown about 14 months ago. Initially I denied it, but after several comments from friends, I decided to try minoxidil and alpecin.

I was on minoxidil probably 1-1.5 times per day on average and alpecin every day for about 10 months but I continued to lose hair and recede.

2 months ago, feeling really down about it, I decided to go nuclear and try finasteride (1mg, 5-6 times per week). In addition, I still use minoxidil once a day in the evening (on temple and crown) and nizoral twice a week (with alpecin on the other days). I also supplement with a decent multi vit and pumpkin seed oil daily.

I guess it’s still too early to notice any benefit from the finasteride and nizoral but I wanted to see what people thought of my regime. Is this sensible? Is there anything else I can add in?

I seem to be shedding hairs faster than ever at the moment but hoping this will slow down..

Any advice appreciated, would also like to hear people’s thoughts about how to dry hair post shower (towel or hair dryer) and if there are any really good thickening conditioners to use.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Bf20

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I started losing my hair at 31 that would be super awesome .
Consider yourself lucky, a bunch of us here started losing hair before 20.

Chris Vern

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, and I do appreciate many people start losing their hair far earlier.

Any advice on the routine I am following? Should this be sufficient to maintain what I have?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil causes more shedding for me constantly...as long as there is more growth then that is all that matters. This regime is of course the best standard regime there is attacking hair loss on multiple fronts.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m a new member so apologies for the sort of post that people have no doubt I read 1000’s of times before..

In a nutshell, I am 31 currently and noticed I was receding and thinning at the crown about 14 months ago. Initially I denied it, but after several comments from friends, I decided to try minoxidil and alpecin.

I was on minoxidil probably 1-1.5 times per day on average and alpecin every day for about 10 months but I continued to lose hair and recede.

2 months ago, feeling really down about it, I decided to go nuclear and try finasteride (1mg, 5-6 times per week). In addition, I still use minoxidil once a day in the evening (on temple and crown) and nizoral twice a week (with alpecin on the other days). I also supplement with a decent multi vit and pumpkin seed oil daily.

I guess it’s still too early to notice any benefit from the finasteride and nizoral but I wanted to see what people thought of my regime. Is this sensible? Is there anything else I can add in?

I seem to be shedding hairs faster than ever at the moment but hoping this will slow down..

Any advice appreciated, would also like to hear people’s thoughts about how to dry hair post shower (towel or hair dryer) and if there are any really good thickening conditioners to use.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Usually finasteride maintains non agressive hairloss like yours . As long as you dont get sides you should be good !

Chris Vern

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s good to know!

No side effects so far...

Any thoughts on using pumpkin seed oil? I have been supplementing with 1000mg per day as I had heard it was a reasonably effective anti-DHT (couple of research papers hint at it without providing concrete evidence).

Also, can anyone recommend any good conditioners?

Thanks,

Chris