advice needed!

ajayyyyy

Reaction score
hi guys..... just wanna say thanks 2 every 1 who post on this forum..... its really helpful! well................ im a 22 yr old male n like all of u lot im too in the battle of hairloss. it hit me when i was 19 with thinning at the templess. still this is the only area that has been really hit n the hair is not as thick as it is in the middle.

well ive been using 12.5% minoxidil 4 the past 5 1/2 months n i just wanna no how i can boost my results? propecia seems 2 wear off by what i have read.... do u think a laser comb would be of any help? thanks guys!!

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want to "boost results" then you should really be on Propecia. In fact, you probably should have started on just Propecia to begin with and monitored for 9-12 months.

If I were you I'd slowly drop the minoxidil (you haven't been on it that long), start with Propecia and Nizoral/T-Gel and leave it at that for up to a year. Going on Xandrox or whatever the brand of minoxidil you are on was premature I think.

Propecia doesn't wear off, hairloss is relentless...

bubka

Reaction score
propecia constantly reduces the same amount of dht, its just that over time, the hair may faulter to the dht that is still present

lasercomb is garbage, by a laser pointer, its a lot cheaper if you want to go that route

snowm

Reaction score
maybe add some nizoral 2x or 3x a week,

and yes laser hair i not a miracle cure, can make you hair look "healthier" (improved blood circulation) but won't turn those vellus into terminal hair

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a Regaine Extra Strength 5% user, I found initially with high powered laser treament my hair began to grow back. After the laser treatment stopped my hair started to thin and receed again. Can you give me any advice as to which products I could take in conjunction with the regaine to boost my results?

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
I'm a Regaine Extra Strength 5% user, I found initially with high powered laser treament my hair began to grow back. After the laser treatment stopped my hair started to thin and receed again. Can you give me any advice as to which products I could take in conjunction with the regaine to boost my results?

Propecia and Nizoral or Propecia and Revita. Revita is the "big thing" on the market. The thing is Nizoral is proven to have some effect on hair loss and Revita has no been proven yet. But, Revita can possibly have quite the large scale effect on hair loss, or can have little to no effect. Its a chance, but you choose your way.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, can any of these products be shipped to the UK without prescription?

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
Thanks for the reply, can any of these products be shipped to the UK without prescription?

Revita and Nizoral 1% can I believe. I dont know about Propecia, for I dont use it.

Sean68

Reaction score
you can buy them all in the uk. have a look online for revita. they sell nizoral in boots. i would link you to revita but i dont like it so im not going to :p

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
So are nizoal and revita just shampoo's then? Will they really do anything? I've just started using Revivogen shampoo, is that going to be any different?

Why do you not like Revita Sean?

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
So are nizoal and revita just shampoo's then? Will they really do anything? I've just started using Revivogen shampoo, is that going to be any different?

Why do you not like Revita Sean?

Yeah, Nizoral and Revita are only shampoos.

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
So there not very affective then?

Well Nizoral has been proved to take away inflamattion and itchiness, and has a slight effect on blocking DHT.

Revita is like a Nizoral x5 product. It has all the ingredients to stimulate hair growth and block DHT and reduce inflimation and itchiness, however no one knows if it works or not.

bubka

Reaction score
jedimindtricks said:
Revita is like a Nizoral x5 product. It has all the ingredients to stimulate hair growth and block DHT and reduce inflimation and itchiness, however no one knows if it works or not.
and yet you suggest it, thats some fine advice :thumbs_up:

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
jedimindtricks said:

I see you use proscar, has that worked for you?

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Great news, where do you get your proscar from, unitedpharmacies.com?

You obviously chose that over Generic finasteride?

jedimindtricks

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
jedimindtricks said:

I said take your pick with Nizoral or Revita. I never suggested one or another. I said I use Revita.