Advice needed regarding any potential treatment...

daredevil14

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...r-here-mature-hairline-or-MBP-hairline-(Pics)

So I started the above thread a month ago in a hope to know more about my hair. I will summarize a little bit, I am 25 years old, NW2, had almost the same "mature hairline" (receded temples) 5 years ago before I start growing my hair. Family history is fine, maternal side is 95% safe while my father is already in his 60s and does have a mild crown baldness and frontal recession, my paternal family usually develop baldness later in life (above 50 in case of my uncle who only has a small crown spot and no frontal recession). Brother is almost 30 and has a head full of head; no recession. I've suffered from extreme stress in the past 5 years, just for the record and I don't have any crown thinning.

Now after reading about treatments and stuff, I am ahead of 2 options:

1) Hop on whatever treatment is available to restore and/or protect my current head regardless if I am really going to develop or not develop male pattern baldness now or later in life.

2) Remain vigilant, check frontal hairline on a weekly basis for any further thinning. If I notice something, start the treatment...

What option do yo think I should go with? (While taking on account money and side effects of course)

Now I have a few questions if you do not mind!

1) What is the standard treatment? How should I begin? (With the least/minimum possible way)

2) I really want to regrow my temples back, is it really possible?

3) If I start any treatment and turns out later that I may not really be developing male pattern baldness before 40s or 50s, will any medication/treatment affect my current hair, my length, my texture and my normal shedding?

2 last things I want you to note please:

*In the last few weeks, my normal shedding has noticeable decreased due to the fact that I have solved some major stress issues in my life and I am not that much worried about my hair as I was before.

*In people who have NW7, they still retain a bit of hair on the sides, I have a small thin area exactly above the beginning of my beard (not ears!), is this normal? It's not the common side (retrograde alopecia) loss, no, it's something that I have never found online about.