Advice: Is the big 3 right for me? 19yr,help? PICS

circleoflife

Reaction score
hey, i decide to take action and do some research before my hair gets any worse. i discovered my first big bald spot yesterday, my hair has been thinning since i was like 16 but i noticed it getting worse real quick for the past few months.

i usually get buzz-cuts but i grown my hair out cause its been thinning so much. my hair is long so you cant really see how thin it really is in the picture,

do you think the "big 3" treatment is right for me, what should i do? and where can i buy these products for a good price, im located in Toronto. i really need your advice, thanks a lot in advance.

dsc0153xt.jpg

baldspot.png

dsc0151sh.jpg

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
if you have the money and motivation to use the big 3 then it is a good idea imo. preventing it from being a problem is a good idea.

circleoflife

Reaction score
i been wanting to get buzz-cuts again but im to insecure now... where do you recommend to buy the big 3 products? product names?

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
circleoflife said:
anyone else have any advice for me?
Your hairloss is minimal. You dont need the 'big 3' at your age. The sexual side effects from propecia could really effect you and applying the foam is messy and a hassle. If I was you I would take saw palmetto and a multivitamin everyday. SP is a natural dht blocker without the side effects of propecia.
If you really wana thicken up your crown and temple hair you could get some 15% with a dht blocker in it and use a small bit everyday and u should see some regrowth.
Propecia is a last resort, u dont need it yet.

Technical

Reaction score
Receding89 said:
circleoflife said:
Your hairloss is minimal. You dont need the 'big 3' at your age. The sexual side effects from propecia could really effect you and applying the foam is messy and a hassle. If I was you I would take saw palmetto and a multivitamin everyday. SP is a natural dht blocker without the side effects of propecia.
If you really wana thicken up your crown and temple hair you could get some 15% with a dht blocker in it and use a small bit everyday and u should see some regrowth.
This is false, Saw Palmetto can cause just as many side effects as propecia. In fact many individuals have had to rebound from SP just like they did with propecia. It may not be as dangerous as propecia, but it's still dangerous.

circleoflife

Reaction score
Receding89 said:
circleoflife said:

the sexual defect your talking about doesn't happen to everyone that uses it right?

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
circleoflife said:
Receding89 said:
circleoflife said:

the sexual defect your talking about doesn't happen to everyone that uses it right?
No, there's a chance that you will get sexual side effects, in the most cases they'll disappear after a while but there are some persons who will get the sides no matter of what.

You should know that they have added the text "Some side effects may occur after quitting the drug" which states that some people got permanent sexual side effects. I don't wanna scare you I just thought you should know... I turned my cards about 1.5 month ago and started big 3 and so far no sides from finasteride.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to anyone that tells you to take anything other than the big three. I can't really tell how much hair loss you have, but it looks like you might have some recession. Hard to tell with the long hair.

Do you have hairloss in the family?

circleoflife

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
Don't listen to anyone that tells you to take anything other than the big three. I can't really tell how much hair loss you have, but it looks like you might have some recession. Hard to tell with the long hair.

yea my dad is like half way bald... but hes 44. im only 19 and i started balding at 16 dont know why its happening to me so early.

anyone have thoughts on the Nioxin hair system shampoos? my mom said her friend grew his hair back after using it for a few years.....

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
circleoflife said:
dougfunny said:

yea my dad is like half way bald... but hes 44. im only 19 and i started balding at 16 dont know why its happening to me so early.

anyone have thoughts on the Nioxin hair system shampoos? my mom said her friend grew his hair back after using it for a few years.....

Your mom does not know what she is talking about. That shampoo will not do anything.

Nene

Reaction score
The extent of your hair loss is hard to tell from the pics. At your age I'd be a little hesitant to get on finasteride. I think you'd see great results from rogaine and nizoral shampoo for now. If the hair loss gets worse in a couple of years, you can try propecia.