Advice for prevention? Acne

valentincrying

Reaction score
Friends i need advice about starting finasteride or not? I was losing some hair in my early twenties, also had acne problems but they stopped on their own. My hair thinned a bit on the sides but it's fine for me like that. I havent noticed any progress the last 3-4 years, no hairs on pillow or everywhere. Sometimes i find few shorter hairs but derm told me it's not a big problem since i am not losing a lot of hair. He advices me not to start any treatment at this point. My mom's father told me he had similar thining at his twenties but than he never lost more hair until his 50s. He still has full hairline, although really thin on top.What i am affraid is some stories that i read about shedding that happens when starting finasteride, also that acne can kick in. I think it could be some reflextory effect of the organism but i dont know, i am afraid that any serious shedding will worsen my hair. Anyone here who had acne in his teens and early twenties that that started finasteride could share some expirience. Thanks

AlexieJ

Reaction score
If you are using finasteride for like years and you haven't seen any improvement then it is now time to I think stop that and look for another alternative. Why not go to a doctor to give you proper treatment if not proper product that you can try on.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Listen to your dermatologist.