Advice for a Noob

zetsueii

Reaction score
Hey all. I recently just started visiting this community, since I've decided I better do something about my hair loss. I'm 22 and I'm starting to thin towards the back top of my head.

I'm hoping some of you can give me advice on what I can use to treat this. I've been reading about a number of products, but I guess I'm a noob and not sure what to try.

I was thinking of Nizoral shampoo, but I'm not sure if I should use something else with it? I'm not looking for huge hair growth, since I haven't lost too much yet.

Thank you! :)

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral 1% or 2%
Propecia 1mg finasteride
if you continue to thin out, add minoxidil

Cassin

Reaction score
zetsueii said:
I'm hoping some of you can give me advice on what I can use to treat this. I've been reading about a number of products, but I guess I'm a noob and not sure what to try.

1.My best advice for a newbie is if you decide to use propecia is to get it from a doctor.

2. Start with whats proven and has science to back it!

3. Also start slow and don't jump in and use 10 things all at one time, add on to your regimen slowly if needed.

Reaction score
my advice is to read the forum!!! Particularly the sticky post in the success stories section. The rest of the site will pretty much sum up what you need to do. The big 3.

Kojak85

Reaction score
Hey man, welcome! =)

well im kind of a noob myself hehe but my advice would be to start with nizoral 2% and 1 mg propecia, since you havent lost a great deal of hair this will really help you maintain the hair you have, and maby even regrow some ;) If you want more regrowth add some minoxidil, but you should wait for at least 1 year or so, too see if finasteride works for you, if your not happy with your results then, add some minoxidil.

anyway welcome, and ceck out the sucess forum for info and motivation =)