Advice for a newbie....

IndoScot

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been suffering from male pattern baldness since I was 17 (I'm 27 now). My main loss areas are my temples and hairline. However in the last 20 months I have thinned a large amount of my crown and the top of my head. Coupled with a naturally high forehead, receding hairline and a botched transplant to boot... lets just say that I'm going through a dry spell in more ways than one. I've decided to take the plunge and start taking Propecia. I've been in touch with my GP and she concurs with the side effects that have been discussed at length here. However she has agreed to open a dialog with a dermatologist this week. I have a generic blood test in a few days and would like your advice on what specific hormones and levels that need to be checked before I start Propecia. Also for the guys in the UK, I plan to go on the Boot Hair retention program if I'm unable to get a prescription from my doctor. Are any of you guys on it at the moment? Your reviews would be mighty useful. I hope to share my journey (for better or worse) with all of you here. Thanks and good luck to all of us.

- - - Updated - - -

My present condition.....

Attachments

• 28072012746.jpg
    28072012746.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20120824_182753.jpg
    IMG_20120824_182753.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 164

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
at least do androgens (testosterone, DHT) and estrogen. whatever hair loss route you go, make sure it is easy and not time consuming. it will become a pain otherwise.

you may not do this for a long time but don't rule out wearing a wig, they are getting pretty good these days.